CH-53D SEA STALLION
- HELICOPTERS/MARINES. // Sea Power;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p198
Describes several helicopters of the United States Marine Corps. Ah-1 Super Cobra; CH-46E Sea Knight; CH-53E Super Stallion.
- First Flight for UH-1Y. // Sea Power;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the first flight of the UH-1Y helicopter on December 20, 2001, which was remanufactured for the United States Marine Corps. Cost of its production.
- From Quantico to Chosin to Camp Rhino. Winkler, David F. // Sea Power;Nov2002, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p27
Traces the history of use of marine helicopters in the U.S. Need for amphibious military operations; Development of the helicopter by the U.S. Army; Commissioning of the first helicopter squadron in the U.S.; Activities of the squadron in the 1950s.
- AH-1Z Enters Initial Flight Test Phase. Phillips, Edward H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/23/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 17, p62
Focuses on the AH-1Z Super Cobra helicopter of the United States Marine Corps as of April 24, 2001. Features and specifications of the helicopter being remanufactured by Bell Helicopter Textron; Performance; Combat capabilities.
- Heavy Delivery. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/10/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 44, p14
The article reports that the CH-53K military helicopter for the U.S. Marine Corps has had its first prototype ground-test model delivered by the helicopter industry firm Sikorsky.
- Osprey Back at Sea. // Marines;Jan-Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p9
Reports on U.S. Marines' completion of the at-sea testing of its MV-22 Osprey. Shipboard compatibility of the helicopter.
- Bell's AH-1Z Makes First Four-Bladed Test Flight. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Feb2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the first test flight of the AH-1Z Super Cobra helicopter gunship by the United States Marine Corps. Information on the plans of the Marine Corps; Features of AH-1Z and UH-1Y helicopters; Benefits of the improvements incorporated in the helicopters.
- DEPLOYMENT MILESTONES FOR K-MAX. // Armada International;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 3, p69
The article reports on the delivery of loads weighing over one million pounds by two unmanned K-Max helicopters in support of the U.S. Marine Corps' operations in Afghanistan in 2012.
- Aging CH-53s, CH-46s pose challenge to Marine Corps. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/6/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 23, p50
Focuses on challenges facing the United States Marine Corps to keep its aging transport helicopters flying. Cost of fixing the fleet of CH-53E helicopters; Plan to fly the CH-53E helicopters until at least 2025; Main areas where component aging is most pronounced; Engine problems of CH-46E...
- AIRCRAFT UNITS. // Sea Power;Jan2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p68
The article presents a list of aircraft units used by the U.S. Marine Corps including Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadrons (VMM), Marine Medium Tiltrotor Training Squadron (VMMT), and Marine Fighter-Attack Squadrons (VMFA).