H-1 UPGRADE PROGRAM
- Afloat Bases Will Change Naval Operations, SECNAV Says. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;2/21/2014, p3
The article discusses the impact of U.S. Navy's plans to deploy 4 afloat staging bases together with small high speed vessels for quickly ferrying troops and supplies on the way the Navy conducts future operations. It cites plans of the Navy to build up to 4 of the Montford Point-class staging...
- Operational Maneuver from the Sea. Krulak, Charles C. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Spring99, Issue 21, p78
Discusses the United States Marine Corps' doctrinal concept of Operational Maneuver from the Sea. Global security threats in the 21st century; Growing economic interdependence among nations; Need for each service to focus on core competencies in developing future operational concepts; Role that...
- MCAGCC Twentynine Palms. Ayalin, Marc // Marines;Jul96, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p301
Reports on the US Marine Corps' Desert Firing Exercise in February 1996 in California. Phases of the exercise.
- More than capable. Ayalin, Mark // Marines;Nov96, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p24
Highlights Joint Task Force Exercise 96-2, a 12-day military exercise participated in by the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit and the USS Essex Amphibious Task Group. Focus on real-world special and conventional operations scenarios that the two units might be called upon to carry out during...
- Japan. Jakubowski, Rick // Marines;Nov96, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p32
Highlights a mass casualty exercise conducted by the corpsmen of Battalion Landing Team 3/5 and Marine Service Support Group-31 at Camp Kinser in Okinawa, Japan. Benefits of mass casualty drills; Medical assessment process; Reaction of corpsmen to the exercise.
- Hunter Warrior findings released. Cox, Chris W. // Marines;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p26
Summarizes the results of the warfighting effectiveness experiment called Hunter Warrior by the US Marine Corps Warfighting Lab and the Center for Naval Analyses. Focus on reconnaissance, surveillance, shaping and deception operations; Use of digital data transmission from cargo pocket-sized...
- EDITOR'S PAGE. Merzlak, Paul // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2012, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including cyber warfare, the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps team, and conflict between the U.S. and China.
- SEAPOWER/MARINE CORPS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p161
Focuses on the commitment and service of the U.S. Marine Corps. Enhancement of the military strategy and tactics; Funds allocated by the government for weapon and armory development; Number of enlisted servicemen.
- Priority: Pakistan's Nukes. Barry, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/13/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6301, p41
Reports the role of the U.S. Marines in protecting and evacuating Americans and other Westerners in Pakistan. Use of conventional explosive device to scatter radioactive particles; Dispersal of nuclear weapons across several secret location; Development of nuclear weapons by scientists.