- USMC F-35Bs demonstrated for Singapore. // Vayau Aerospace & Defence Review;2014, Issue 2, p101
The article offers information related to the demonstration of the U.S. Marine Corps Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightnings fighter aircraft to senior Singaporean defence officials at Luke Air Force Base, Arizona, as of March 2014.
- MARINE CORPS AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p105
The article presents information on several U.S. Marine Corps aircrafts. The aircraft AV-8B Harrier II's primary tasks are to conduct close air support, armed reconnaissance and interdiction operations, armed escort of assault support operations and airdefense operations. The...
- Belay vertical landing. Stout, Jay A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov99, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p50
Proposes the updated version of the F7F Tigercat as an alternative to the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) for the United States Marine Corps aviation. Comparison of F7F and the AV8B Harrier; Smaller logistics footprint of the F7F; Inadequacy of the proposed short-takeoff and vertical landing JSF.
- MARINE CORPS HARRIERS: EXPEDITIONARY FIREPOWER FROM THE SEA. Llinares, Rick // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2002, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p24
Features the Marine Attack Squadron 542 Tigers Of the U.S. Marine Corps. Composition of the unit; Operation of the AV-8B Harrier II Plus jump jet; Participation in major training deployments.
- Marine Corps AV-8B... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/16/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier jet fighters were grounded in August 1999 after discovery of a flaw in some of the aircraft's Rolls-Royce F402-RR-408 engines.
- MARINE TEST PILOT MAKES FIRST F-35B. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Sep2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the second of three planned tests for the fighter plan F-35B by the aerospace company Lockheed Martin which was aimed at expanding the shipboard operating capability of the plane for U.S. Marine Corps.
- HARRIER HIGHLIGHTS. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the successful test of the Litening II targeting pod for the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier flight trainer. Providing air-to-ground laser target designation capability; Enhanced day and night target acquisition; Improved low-level night flight and air-to-air capabilities;...
- Marine Corps Plans To Keep Harriers Flying Until At Least 2021. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;6/20/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 56, p3
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Marine Corps to continue operational use of Boeing (BA) AV-8B Harrier fighter planes. According to a Marine Corps official, they are taking several steps, including an airframe fatigue effort to ensure its fleet of BA AV-8B Harriers will continue to...
- Southern watch. Goebel, Brian // Marines;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
Describes the US Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier aircraft in the Iraqi no-fly zone. Components of Operation Southern Watch; Flight preparations; Capabilities.