AV-8B HARRIER II
- AIRCRAFT/MARINES. // Sea Power;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p194
Describes several aircraft of the United States Marine Corps. AV-8B Harrier II; F/A-18 Hornet; MV-22 Osprey.
- Faster Ospreys. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the Quadrennial Defense Review which specified the increase in the production rate of aircraft for the US Marine Corps. Planned reduction of the MV-22 Osprey fleet.
- OY Sentinel. Andrews, Hal // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p30
Features the OY Sentinel aircraft of the United States Marine Corps. History of the aircraft's name; Marine Observation Squadrons; Role of the OY-1s in World War II.
- USMC PROWLER FLEET MOVING TO ALL-ICAP III AIRCRAFT. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p15
The article reports that the Marine Tactical Warfare Squadron 4 (VMAQ-4) will deploy to Afghanistan with all of its support jamming aircraft in the Improved Capability (ICAP) III version.
- Hitchin' a ride. // Marines;Jul-Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p7
Reports the involvement of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit in moving out-of-service F-4 Phantom airplanes of China Lake Naval Sir Weapons Station in California. Use of aircrafts as bombing targets; Description of the mission as invaluable training opportunity; Use of military skill in a...
- Hairy Buffalo Casts Giant Shadow. // Marines;Jan-Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the U.S. Marine Corps's launch of the Hairy Buffalo aircraft in its Giant Shadow experiment in Bahamas. Features of the military aircraft; Battlefield applications.
- How will we escort the MV-22? Tucker, Captain Phillip // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov99, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p36
Discusses the escort requirements for the MV-22 aircraft of the United States Marine Corps. Threats to the MV-22; Current escort possibilities; Use of rotary-wing aircraft as escorts; Development of an attack variant of the aircraft, the AV-22.
- Miscellaneous Aircraft. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p176
Features several aircraft used for special operation of the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Marines Prepare To Revive V-22. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/2/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 23, p33
Reports on a plan of the U.S. Marine Corps to rebuild military aircraft V-22 and resume flight operations after two years of its suspension following an accident in 2000. Reinitiation of the training program for technicians; Activities of squadron personnel during flight suspension; Prime...