- It's the Cartridge, Stupid--Not the Rifle. Milavic, Anthony F. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2002, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p80
Describes military weapons and ammunition used by the U.S. Marine Corps. Conduct of field tests for weapons; Types of weapons that must be used to improve combat effectiveness; Factors leading to loss of combat effectiveness.
- WEAPONS/MARINES. // Sea Power;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p189
Describes several weapons of the United States Marine Corps. M203 40 millimeter grenade launcher; M249 Squad Automatic Weapon; M47 Dragon guided-missile system.
- Corps Tests Robotic Artillery Technology. Hansen, Ted L. // Marines;Apr99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p20
Features Dragon Fire, a robotic artillery technology of the United States Marine Corps. Details on hydraulic rotational capabilities of the technology; Ability to process fire mission in less than a second; Portability of the weapon; Unit weight and size of the artillery technology.
- ADVANCED PRECISION KILL WEAPON SYSTEM DEPLOYED TO AFGHANISTAN. // Armada International;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 3, p71
The article reports on the approval for the first deployment of the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) by the U.S. Headquarters Marine Corps in 2012.
- On The Cover. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/20/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p4
A photograph of a U.S. Marine Corps AH-1 Cobra firing a pair of BAE Systems-designed, advanced precision-kill weapon system 2.75-in. rockets, is presented.
- Ask the Expert. SMERCHANSKY, JAMES // Signal;Aug2014, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p14
The article presents an answer to a question regarding the use of predictive analysis and modeling by the U.S. Marine Corps for improving a program and for identifying alternatives for a program.
- Marines Seek To Integrate Troops' Gear To Lower Weight. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/25/2008, Vol. 237 Issue 56, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Marine Corps is working to treat the rifle squad as a combat system in which efficiencies can be found. According to head of Marine Corps Systems Command Brigadier General Michael Brogan, work is being done within his command to integrate troops' gear. Brogan...
- XM1014 Combat Shotgun System. Gourley, Scott R. // Army Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p53
Describes the M1014 combat shotgun system produced by Heckler & Koch Inc. utilized by the United States Marine Corps. Features; Aim of the system for eventual fielding to all the armed services and other government agencies; Semiautomatic capabilities of the weapon; Plans of the US Army to...
- LIGHTENING THE LOAD. Hilburn, Matt // Sea Power;Jul2006, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses the direct involvement of the U.S. Marine Corps in the country's balancing act. The act includes putting the most capable Marines in the battlefield, equipped them with the latest gears and the best made body armor. According to the author, the weight of the recently issued...