- Mk46 TORPEDO. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p159
Features the Mk46 torpedo of the U.S. Navy. Reliability of the weapon; Contractor of the bomb; Power plant.
- Mk54 LIGHTWEIGHT TORPEDO. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p160
Features the Mko54 Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the torpedo; Diameter; Contractor of the torpedo.
- Mk48 TORPEDO. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p160
Features the Mk48 heavyweight torpedo used by submarines of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the operation software; Length and diameter; Contractor of the torpedo.
- VERTICAL LAUNCH ASROC (VLA). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p160
Features the Vertical Launch Anti-Submarine Rocket, a missile designed to deliver the Mk46 Mod 5 torpedo of the U.S. Navy. Length of the missile; Contractor; Range and weight.
- How to Solve Ship Torpedo Defense. Vining, Pierre G. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p36
Highlights limitations of the U.S. Navy's torpedo defense system and suggests measures to strengthen the system. Factors that render it difficult to trace the exact position of a target; Shortcomings of towed decoys; Use of electrohydraulic effect and focused pressure waves technology in the...
- TORPEDOES AND THE NEXT GENERATION OF UNDERSEA WEAPONS. Myers, Bernard; Cancilliere, Frederick; Lapointe, Kenneth // Naval Forces;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p106
Examines torpedo developments in the U.S Navy. Details of the MK48 Advanced Capability Heavyweight Torpedo; Capabilities of the MK54 Lightweight Torpedo; Improvements in torpedo warheads.
- Why Rome Fell. Midler, George R.; Farmer, Guy W.; Santos, Evan Dale; McCarthy, James; Giacobbe, Anthony M. // Military History;Nov2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response the articles "Why Rome Fell" by George R Muller, ""Close Call at Chosin" by Thomas and "Grenada, 1983: Small Island, Big Lessons" by Sharon Tosi in the November, 2013 issue.
- Navy eyes COTS, VME for its new Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo design. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the US Navy will rely on commercial off-the-shelf VME-based single-board processors in its future Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo. Development by a team of the Alliant TechSystems Marine Systems Group and Hughes Aircraft Co.
- Historic Aircraft. Polmar, Norman // Naval History;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Features the Douglas TBD Devastator, a carrier-based torpedo bomber of the United States Navy. Usage of the carrier during the World War II; Effectiveness of the TBD a carrier weapon; History of the development of the TBD; Comparison of the TBD with other carriers.