RIM-116A ROLLING AIRFRAME MISSILE (RAM)
- Missile testing in the air... Braham, James // Machine Design;07/10/97, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p30
Presents information about missile testing on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Super Hornet, done at the Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. How the missile was launched; When production is expected to begin.
- Versatile air-to-air missile on the drawing board. Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;09/25/97, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p32
Focuses on the development of an advanced medium-range air-to-air missile (AMRAAM), by McDonnell-Douglas, as part of the United States Air Force's Superiority Missile Technology program. Key to the versatility of the missile; Information on the flight-control system.
- Threat Sparks EW Research, But No New Programs. Wall, Robert; Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 18, p62
Reports on technology advances, development of weapon systems and military acquisition in the field of electronic warfare. Emergence of air-to-air missile with imaging infrared seekers; Development of S-300/400 class of Russian air defenses with ranges of more than 100 kilometers; Advantages of...
- Letters. Miller, Barry A. // Air Power History;Fall2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p72
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the development of the Falcon missile and the all-weather USAF interceptor fire control systems by Thomas Wildenberg.
- Air-to-air lasers. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p19
Reports on the possibility that airborne lasers may become the preferred weapon to destroy long and medium-range air-to-air missiles. Comments from Air Force Acquisition Deputy Lt. Gen. George Muellner regarding the use of lasers as a defensive system; Aerospace companies that are exploring the...
- Army NanoSat Demonstrates Niche Military Capability. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;1/11/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the performance of the Space and Missile Defense Command-Operational Nanosatellite Effect (SMDC-ONE) of the U.S. Army. John London, nanosatellite technical manager for the Army Space and Missile Defense Command Technical Center in Huntsville, Alabama, stated that this...
- AIM-54 PHOENIX. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p156
Features the AIM-54, a long-range air-to-air missiles designed to counter the fight and bomber of the U.S. Navy. Length of the missile; Power plant; Contractor of the missile.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p156
Features the AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the missile; Length and diameter; Contractor of the missile.
- AIM-9 SIDEWINDER. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p157
Features the AIM-9 Sidewinder, an air-to-air missile of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the missile; Length and weight; Contractor of the missile.