- LEAP fails to hit target in Navy test. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/3/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 14, p78
Reports on the United States Navy's characterization of the test of the lightweight exoatmospheric projectile (LEAP) as a success despite the failure of the kinetic kill vehicle (KKV) to intercept a surrogate ballistic missile target. Battery malfunction in the KKV; Stages of the missile...
- Orion launches SLAM. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the first guided launch of a Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM) from a P-3C Orion on September 2, 1996. Execution of the launch by a Naval Force Aircraft Test Squadron; SLAM's incorporation of an imaging infrared seeker head, a digital weapon data link and a global positioning system.
- UPGRADED HARM IN PRODUCTION. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p17
The article describes the AGM-88E Advanced Anti-Radiation Guided Missiles (AARGM) delivered at the U.S. Navy on July 14, 2010 from ATK of Woodland Hills, California.
- Navy pilots can set stray missiles back on course. Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;9/28/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2362, p8
Reports on the development of the latest missile guidance technology automatic target acquisition (ATA) by the U.S. Navy. Incidence of casualties caused by wrongly targeted missiles; Features of ATA; Technology used in ATA.
- Briefs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p39
Presents news updates concerning the missile industry as of October 2003. Report on Russia's plan to lease Belarus an unspecified number of S-300 air-defense missiles; Raytheon Co.'s winning of a contract from the U.S. Navy for engineering services for the Standard Missile program.
- GPS-Guided Projectile Soars Over White Sands. // GPS World;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p62
Reports on the test firing of a precision-guided projectile by the U.S. Navy in June 2002. Key features of the missile equipped with global positioning system technology; Test results; Implications on military policy.
- Being A Desert Sailor. Ansarov, Aaron // All Hands;Jun2001, Issue 1010, p26
Discusses the operations of the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division at the White Sands Missile Range in White Sands, New Mexico.
- Pacific Challenge. // Time;1/18/1960, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the Russian missile activity detected by the U.S. Navy ships and aircraft. It notes that a couple of Russian intercontinental missile shots was tracked by the U.S. Navy into northern waters. Moreover, Moscow's Tass Agency says Russia was about to test a series of more...
- DEAD On. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/24/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p46
Eager to see their latest fighter equipped with one of its newest weapons, the U.S. Navy planners are calling for integration of the Advanced Anti-Radiation Guided Missile (Aargm) on the F/A-18E/F almost in parallel with the aircraft at the core of the missile development program, the F/A-18C/D....