- The United States Naval Test Pilot School. Bennitt, Brent M. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p1
Features the United States Naval Test Pilot School in Maryland. Knowledge imparted to experienced fleet pilots, Naval Flight Officers and civil service engineers; Course of training envisioned by Commander Thomas Connolly; Commitment to excellence.
- NAVAL TEST PILOTS MAKE THE GRADE AT BOSCOMBE DOWN. Gill, JO1 Cindy // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p25
Highlights the results of the final examination taken by United States Naval Test Pilot School students at Boscombe Down, England's Empire Test Pilot School. Assessment of an unfamiliar aircraft and all its systems; Components of the final exercise; Diversity of skills learned from U.S. test...
- A NATURAL HIGH. Hudson, JO1 Joshua M. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p24
Features the use of gliders at the United States Naval Test Pilot School to increase students' knowledge of the dynamics of flight. Maneuvers performed by the gliders.
- T-2C Buckeye. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p147
Features the T-2C aircraft, a two-place subsonic carrier-capable jet training powered by two axial turbojet J85-GE-4 engines and built by North American Rockwell. Usability to the U.S. Navy's Naval Test Pilot School; Specifications of the plane; Description of the aircraft.
- Launch of new MDX reflects industry confidence in helicopter market. Shifrin, C.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/6/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the launch of the McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Co.'s new-technology light twin MDX, and the helicopter industry's confidence that the worst of their slump in sales is over. MDX; Optimism; 1988 sales; 1989 projections.
- Japan seeks aid to develop heliports. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/6/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p56
Report that Japanese government and industry representatives attended the Helicopter Assn. International show to seek help in developing plans to build a century-wide helicopter system. Plans.
- Straight shooters. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p13
Informs PDR Inc. and the US Air Force's Wright Laboratory Armament Directorate are working on layered ceramic gun barrel inserts that last longer and shoot straighter. The Air Force wanting improvements in the GAU-18 barrel used on its MH-53J Pave Low and MH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters; The work...
- New helicopters. // Popular Mechanics;Feb85, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p87
Our choppers took a beating in Vietnam. This painful lesson is resulting in a deadly new breed of tank-busting helicopters designed to fight back. They would be counted on to provide troops with a potent ground-support weapon in any future landwar.
- Advanced helicopter technology. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/16/84, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p80
A special 59-page report. Chapters include: rotorcraft design; upgraded military capabilities; European manufacturers seek military market; improved testing methods; Europeans pursue rotor development; testing of turboshaft components; Army evaluates lessons learned in Grenada; companies...