- JSF TESTING CONTINUES. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p9
Reports the flight test program for the Boeing X-32b Joint Strike Fighter concept demonstrator at NAS Patuxent River in the Mediterranean. Flight transitions of the Lockheed Martin's X-35B demonstrator; KC 130j familiarization training for United States marine aviators and maintainers;...
- 1954: Bygone forays into the fraught world of STOVL. Czyzewski, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);10/17/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7826, p62
The article offers a retrospective of the successful execution of the short take off and vertical landing (STOVL) manoeuvres of the XFV-1 experimental aircraft for the U.S. Navy from Lockheed Aircraft Corp. in October 1954.
- History Mystery. Dorr, Robert F. // Air Power History;Spring2013, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p72
The article discusses the history and development of the Douglas D-558 Skystreak jet research aircraft, which was featured in the previous issue's "History Mystery" feature. The author explains that the aircraft was developed through the collaborative efforts of the U.S. Navy and the National...
- McNeill Elected Senior VP At NLUS Winter Meeting. // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p55
Reports updates about the Navy League of the United States. Election of Sheila McNeill to senior vice president; Award presentations during the 2002 Winter Meeting of the league; Details of the meeting.
- A Commitment to Excellence. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p61
Focuses on the support program of the Navy League of the United States for sea-service personnel. Overview of recent military history; Recruitment program of the League; Prioritization of assistance programs for sea-service families. INSET: A Major Leap Forward For NLUS IT Systems.
- Navy Reestablishes U.S. 4th Fleet. Gragg, Alan // All Hands;Jun2008, Issue 1095, p6
The article reports on the reestablishment of U.S. 4th Fleet by Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Gary Roughead, who assigned, Rear Admiral Joseph D. Kernan as first commander.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p123
Several photographs of the U.S. Navy's officers are presented including Michael G. Mullen and James E. Cartwright of the Joint Chief of Staff, Gary Roughead and Patrick M. Walsh of the Flag and General Officers and Senior Enlisted Leaders, and John Craine and William B. Eisenhardt of the...
- COMBAT PREPOSITIONING SHIPS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p125
Focuses on the operation of the Combat Prepositioning Ships of the U.S. Navy.
- AUXILIARY CRANE SHIPS (T-ACS). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p125
Features the auxiliary crane ship Gopher State (T-ACS 4) used in the U.S. Navy's operation in Haiti. Displacement of the ship; Passenger capacity; Dimension.