- New on the Ramp. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/13/2009, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p56
The article features the P-8A aircraft. The U.S. Navy has replaced its fleet of turboprop P-3C Orion patrol aircraft wit the new P-8A Poseidon turbofan. The aircraft was designed based on the Boeing 737, which reduces physical stress and motion sickness among aircrews during long-endurance...
- People `bottom line' in DoN statement. // Marines;Apr94, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the right-sizing of the US Navy and US Marine Corps. Reduction of the Navy manpower; Development of a plan for right-sized Navy-Marine Corps; Application of disciplined business principles and techniques in downsizing restructured service; Enhancing efficiency, consolidation, joint...
- Sub Marines. Berry, Robert // Marines;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the special training exercises participated by the US Marines Corps and the Navy in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Deployment of a company size landing force from the deck of a submarine; Difficulty in launching from the submarine's deck.
- Freedom Banner 95. Hawk, Jeff; Swenson, Brandon J. // Marines;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p13
Features highlights during the Exercise Freedom Banner 95 participated by members of the US Navy and Marine Corps Team in Pohang, Korea. Mine blowing; Battle tanks; Drinking water system; Amphibious assault vehicles.
- Navy Extends Deadline for NGEN Recompete RFI. // Defense Daily;10/20/2015, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p2
The article reports that according to a Naval Enterprise Networks (NEN) program management office, the original deadline to submit responses to a request for information (RFI) for the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN), which was October 19, 2015, has been extended to October 23, 2015.
- LETTERS. Holub, Robert W.; Grazide, Phillip // Sea Power;Dec2004, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p5
Presents letters to the editor written by Robert W. Holub and Phillip Grazide on U.S. Navy-related topics published in the previous issues of "Sea Power. "Special Report" dealing with the topic of increasing the end-strength of the U.S. Marine Corps; Question of why cannot members of Navy League...
- Within striking distance & ready to act. Krulak, Charles // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May99, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the partnership between the United States Navy and the Marine Corps. to cope with a dynamic strategic environment and to address changing technologies. Publication of the operational concept `Operational Maneuver From the Sea'; Features of the system Landing Craft Air Cushioned; Role...
- Navy-Marine Corps TacAir Integration Is the Future. Bouchoux, Donald R. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2003, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p106
Focuses on a study related to the integration of the U.S. Navy and the Marine Corps. Motivation behind the study; Details regarding the study process; Recommendation used to arrive at a naval strike force structure.
- JTFEX 97-3. Thompson, Jason // All Hands;Dec97, Issue 969, p2
Relates the US Navy's and Marine Corps' Joint Task Force Exercise 97-3. Core groups of the exercise; Scenario for the exercises; Evacuation exercises; Marine amphibious landing by the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable; Importance of teamwork between the Navy and Marine...