- The United States Naval Test Pilot School. Bennitt, Brent M. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p1
Features the United States Naval Test Pilot School in Maryland. Knowledge imparted to experienced fleet pilots, Naval Flight Officers and civil service engineers; Course of training envisioned by Commander Thomas Connolly; Commitment to excellence.
- NAVAL TEST PILOTS MAKE THE GRADE AT BOSCOMBE DOWN. Gill, JO1 Cindy // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p25
Highlights the results of the final examination taken by United States Naval Test Pilot School students at Boscombe Down, England's Empire Test Pilot School. Assessment of an unfamiliar aircraft and all its systems; Components of the final exercise; Diversity of skills learned from U.S. test...
- OTHER HELICOPTER TYPES. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p152
Features several helicopters used by the U.S. Navy's Naval Test Pilot School.
- A NATURAL HIGH. Hudson, JO1 Joshua M. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p24
Features the use of gliders at the United States Naval Test Pilot School to increase students' knowledge of the dynamics of flight. Maneuvers performed by the gliders.
- Aerospace: End of the Gravy Years. // Time;3/9/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p79
The article reports on the impact of a reduction of 6.9bn dollars in the defense budget of Washington D.C. on the U.S. aerospace industries. It has resulted in the reduction in Government contracts and thus, in the production of commercial aircrafts. It informs that airbuses, the McDonnell...
- Space. Moore, John R. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/67, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p76
Presents the text of a speech given by John R. Moore, vice president of North American Rockwell Corp., on October 16, 1967, which deals with the outlook on the U.S. aerospace industry.
- Mixing It Up. GEORGE, FRED // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct2015, p30
The article tackles the safety issue in operating a business jet among light piston airplanes in public-use airports in the U.S. It reports the fatal inflight collision between a North American Rockwell Sabreliner 60SC and a Cessna 172 plane at Brown Field in San Diego, California on August 16,...
- The Dawn Of The Digital Age. // Music Trades;Nov2015, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p138
The article describes how North American Rockwell started shopping the digital technology it had developed for NASA's Apollo moon shot to scores of consumer products companies in 1960s. It explains how by reducing sonic information to a binary computer code, digital technology allowed for more...
- News. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;8/12/1970, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the textile industry. J. P. Stevens & Co.'s Woolen and Worsted Division is phasing out operations at its plants in Franklin and Tilton, both in New Hampshire, affecting some 600 employees. It mentions about the shutdown of spun man-made fabrics plant of...