T-6A TEXAN II
- T-39 SABRELINER. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p146
Features the T-39 Sabreliner, a multipurpose low-wing, twin-jet aircraft used for training undergraduate military flight officer students in radar navigation and airborne radar-intercept procedures of the U.S. Navy. Power plant of the aircraft; Passenger capacity; Dimension of the aircraft.
- T-34C TURBOMENTOR. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p146
Features the T-34 C aircraft with an unpressurized two-place, tandem cockpit low-wing single-engine monoplane used to provide primary flight training for student pilots and flight officers in the U.S. Power plant; Number of crews; Dimension of the aircraft.
- T-45 GOSHAWK. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p147
Features the T-45 Goshawk aircraft for pilot training of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the aircraft; Passenger capacity; Dimension of the aircraft.
- A real player. Grosklags, Paul, // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p13
Recounts the author's near-mishap experience aboard a US Navy T-34 aircraft with a flight student. Aircraft's low-altitude power loss maneuver; Author's maneuver of the plane away from the ground.
- T-2Cs have their ups and downs. Karppi, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the grounding of the US Navy's fleet of T-2C Buckeye planes after one of the planes experienced an uncommanded-flight control anomaly during a training mission. Cause of the anomaly.
- T-45 performs well in initial operations. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p48
Reports on the US Navy's graduating of its first class of students in the advanced strike course in October 1994, as proof of the actual use of the McDonnell Douglas T-45 trainer airplane. Use of state-of-the-art simulators from Hughes Training Incorporated; Practice of air-to-air gunnery and...
- Untitled. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/10/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the United States Navy's decision to disqualify an alternate engine for the McDonnell Douglas T-45 aircraft. Budget allotted by Congress to hold a competition between Rolls-Royce engine and a Garrett entry in 1996; Reason for the disqualification.
- Going to school. Finney, Trevor // Free Flight;Winter2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p21
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in studying at the airfield at Chipman, with pilot Dan Cook.
- How to Solo Sooner. // Flying;Jul99, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p42
Provides information on a survey from the Student Pilot Network which proposed an obvious way for student pilots to shorten the time for their solo flight. Details on the survey.