- EAWS quals change. // All Hands;Sep94, Issue 929, p2
Reports that the Chief of Naval Operations' Master Chief Petty Officer Advisory Panel revised the requirements sailors must meet to qualify for the Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) pin.
- Naval aircraft. // All Hands;Jan1995, Issue 933, p42
Features the US Navy's naval aircraft. Fighters, bombers and tactical aircraft; Command and control aircraft; Training aircraft; Helicopters; Transport aircraft; SH-60F Seahawk.
- Aerial minesweeping squadron grows into `one Navy' identity. Jones, Bobby // All Hands;Mar1997, Issue 959, p27
Features the two helicopter minesweeping squadrons of the United States Navy. Description of the makeup of the two squadrons; Participation in fleet exercises; Organization of the two squadrons into detachments.
- Core values bring sailors together in combined squadron. Crist, Charlotte // All Hands;Mar1997, Issue 959, p32
Details how the United States Navy's Helicopter Mine Squadron (HM) 14 had integrated with Naval Reserve HM squadrons. Problems with the integration; Emphasis on honor, courage and commitment; Praise for the Reservists for sticking it out during the transition.
- Navy aircraft. // All Hands;Jan1998, Issue 969, p40
Presents United States Navy aircraft. Fighters, bombers and tactical aircraft; Command and control aircraft; Transport aircraft; Training aircraft; Helicopters.
- Navy cancels A-6 contracts. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/27/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p58
Reports on the US Navy's cancellation of contracts with Boeing and Grumman for rewinging A-6 Intruders. Scaling back of plans to upgrade EA-6B electronic warfare aircraft while at the same time remanufacturing or buying new E-2C surveillance aircraft; Plans to upgrade F-14s and provide them...
- Fooled again. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p19
Reports that Bosnian Serb air defenses were deceived in North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) raids by the Tactical Air Launched Decoys (TALDs) launched by US Navy A-6s. Purpose of TALDs to destroy Bosnian Serb radars and surface-to-air missile command-and-control sites; Features of the decoys.
- 1993--a year of transition. Bennitt, Brent M. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the activities of the US Naval Aviation in 1993. Includes the restructuring decisions; Success of the weapons programs; Introduction of the next generation of precision-guided munitions; Developments on aircraft programs; Support on the Base Closure and Realignment Commission process;...
- Aviator flag moves. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Reports on management changes in the US Naval Aviation. Resignation of the Vice Chief of Naval Operations Stanley R. Arthur; Anticipation of the approval for the promotion of Naval Personnel Chief Ronald J. Zlatoper; Nomination of Joint Staff Director Richard C. Macke for his fourth star.