- Force Aircraft Test - VX-20. Orsello, Crystal // Wings of Gold;Fall2014, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses Air Test and Evaluation Squadron 20 (VX-20) that tests and evaluates aircraft, provides trained people, and test-ready aircrafts with an aim to support war fighting based at Naval Air Station (NAS), Patuxent River, Maryland. Topics include Naval Air Test Center (NATC)...
- Advanced Hawkeye makes first flight. // Interavia Business & Technology;Autumn2007, Issue 689, p28
The article reports on the completion of the maiden flight of the first E-2D Advanced Hawkeye development aircraft called Delta One, which is built for the U.S. Navy by Northrop Grumman Corp. According to the author, the aircraft features new radar system workstations and integrated satellite...
- Sharper Eye. Warwick, Graham // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/4/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p72
The article examines the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye airborne early warning surveillance aircraft under development by the U.S. Navy. Flight testing of the airplane, particularly its radar, is considered. Procurement planning for the airplane is discussed. Plans by the Navy to give the airplane an...
- A Fly in the Ointment... Swanson, Christopher // Mech;Summer2015, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p24
The author presents a personal narrative of his experience of an incident in which a fly had made it into the Hawkeye aircraft pilot's yoke and onto the terminals of the elevator trim switch, causing a short out of the switch, and almost causing a fire to the aircraft.
- Still Going Strong: Hawkeye Celebrating 50-Year Anniversary. Anderson, Sharon // CHIPS Magazine;Oct-Dec2014, p37
The article announces the 50th anniversary of the E-2D early warning aircraft Hawkeye in 2014.
- Who Preflights the Carrier? Sund, Chris // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p26
Relates a military copilot's experience during a flight using a Hawkeye. Smoke in the cockpit; Aircraft maneuver; Importance of all-hands approach to flight operations.
- Kinetic Model Kits E-2C Hawkeye. Hergenrother, Jon // FineScale Modeler;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p61
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of building a Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 scale E2-C Hawkeye model airplane.
- DOD to fund more E-2D Advanced Hawkeye from Northrop Grumman. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Defense officials have authorized funding for an additional 10 E-2D Advanced Hawkeye aircraft from Northrop Grumman Corp. after a Defense Acquisition Board review.
- Single-Engine Sun King. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p41
Presents a photograph depicting an E-2C Hawkeye aircraft.