- Putting the purr in the Prowler. O'Leary, Tim; Mooney, Ray // All Hands;Sep94, Issue 929, p8
Features the Navy's aircraft EA-6B Prowler which is designed and built for tactical electronic warfare. VAQ 129 sailors responsible for maintaining all of the Navy's Prowler pods.
- Prowler fleet stretched thin. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jun99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the United States Navy's claims on the availability of its fleet of EA-6B aircraft. Deployments of the aircraft.
- First upgraded Prowler delivered to US Navy, more enhancements to come. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
Discloses that the United States Navy has taken delivery of the first upgraded EA-6B Prowlers from Northrop Grumman Corp. Improvements made on the plane's electronic equipment; EA-6B Prowlers as the only remaining airborne electronic support.
- Definitely Above Average. Gortner, Pete // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
Recounts the experience of a United States Navy aviation instructor while leading a flight of U.S. Marine student pilots using the EA-6B Prowlers. Rendezvous of the planes in the military operating area; Establishment of cruise-formation position; Cause of the near accident; Concentration of...
- EWWG to Congress: Support ICAP III, EW Training. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the Congressional Electronic Warfare Working Group's (EWWG) call for the Congress to support upgrades to the United States Navy's fleet of EA-6B Prowler support-jamming aircraft and enhancements to EW-training systems. Congressman Mark S. Kirk's call to support the Improved...
- CLEAN HUNTER 2004. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p33
The article reports that the U.S. Navy's only reserve Prowler squadron, VAQ-209 based at NAF Washington, D.C., completed a detachment to Aalborg, Denmark, in June. The Star Warriors took their jets and personnel across the Atlantic to fly in Clean Hunter, a NATO air combat exercise. The intent...
- AIRCRAFT/NAVY. // Sea Power;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p161
Evaluates several United States Navy aircraft. F/A-18E/F Super Hornet; F/A-18 Hornet; F-14 Tomcat/Super Tomcat; EA-6B Prowler.
- AIRCRAFT/MARINES. // Sea Power;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p195
Presents several United States Marines aircraft. AV-8B Harrier II; F/A 18 Hornet; EA-6B Prowler; KC-130 Hercules; UC-35; MV-22 Osprey; AH-1 Super Cobra.
- Grampaw pettibone. Wilbur, Ted // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on a training flight of the EA-6 electronic warfare aircraft. Descent of the trainee pilot.