READY RESERVE FORCE (RRF)
- Looking Back. STILLWELL, PAUL // Naval History;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
In this article the author reflects on his relationship with his father, former pastor and mayor of Springfield, Missouri Carl Stillwell. The author provides a chronology of Stillwell's life, focusing on their time together assembling models of U.S. navy ships as well as his, and his brother...
- VP-66 takes over FEW training missions. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the assumption of the mission of fleet electronic warfare training by the reserve Patrol Squadron 66 upon deestablishment of the Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron (VAQ) 33. Immediate fleet support provision; Provision of command and control warfare training.
- Sealift capabilities in question. // Traffic World;5/22/95, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p36
Reports on the reduction of the US Navy's 91-vessel Ready Reserve Force to an estimated 77 vessels by the year 2001. Reduction of the reserve personnel into half; Cost of eliminating the US-flag fleet.
- Reserve Map. // All Hands;Jan2007, Issue 1077, p27
A map showing the regional alignment of the U.S. Navy Reserve Force is presented.
- MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND SHIPS. // All Hands;Jan2002, Issue 1017, p32
Lists several military sealift command ships used by the U.S. Navy. Ammunition ships; Container ships; Ocean surveillance ships.
- Iceberg Manners. // Time;3/29/1954, Vol. 63 Issue 13, p34
The article focuses on the docking of the naval transport Les Eclaireurs in Argentina. Argentine Minister of Marine Anibal O. Olivieri tried to make use of such docking at the port of Bahia Blanca to inspect his country's Antarctic bases. Her Majesty's frigate St. Austell Bay joined Les...
- MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND SHIPS: SEALIFT PROGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2007, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p60
The article offers information on the prepositioning program of the military sealift command ships of the U.S. The Westpac Express hybrid vessel is being leased for use by the Third Marine Expeditionary Force as a logistics platform. Fast sealift ships have been modified to provide additional...
- AFLOAT PREPOSITIONING SHIP PRGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p123
Focuses on the mission of the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command's Afloat Prepositioning Force program aimed at improving the delivery response time of urgently needed equipment and supplies to military theaters of operation. Division of three operational elements; Completion of the expansion...
- Lake Murray MITCHELL. Plottin III, Herbert M. // Air Classics;Dec2005, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the recovery of the B-25C Mitchell bomber from the bottom of Lake Murray in South Carolina by the U.S. Naval Reserve sonar unit in 1992. Pilot of the plane; Role of water skier Robert Seigler in the Mitchell recovery operation; Efforts of Seigler to raised funds to have the aircraft...