- Historic Fleets. Baker III, A.D. // Naval History;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the number of awards received by the fleet oiler Ashtabula for its contribution to the United States Navy. Load capacity of the fleet oiler; Account on the number of Naval destroyers fueled by the fleet oiler; Details on the final voyage of the fleet oiler; Ability of the oiler to...
- PEOPLE ï¿½ PLANES ï¿½ PLACES. Towler, JO2 E. Blake // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 79 Issue 3, pN.PAG
This article presents information on several development related to the U.S. navy. Combat Aircrew 9 of the VP-69 Totems won the 1996 Liberty Bell Competition. This annual reserve P-3 tactical competition allows the most capable reserve aircrews from each of the nine Reserve Force squadrons to...
- Latest Naval & Maritime Happenings Around the World. Schnepf, Ed // Sea Classics;Jun2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p6
The article offers news briefs related to naval and maritime for the U.S. as on June 2012. The U.S. Navy supercarrier USS Ford successfully transited from the ship's homeport in Everett, Washington D.C. to San Diego, California on the algal blend which marks the first demonstration of the...
- OILERS (T-AO). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p119
Features the Henry J. Kaiser (T-AO 187), a Kaisier-class fleet oiler built by Avondale Shipyards for the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the oiler; Dimension; Passenger capacity.
- USNS Henry J. Kaiser Delivers Biofuel Fleet Demo. // World Trade: WT100;Aug2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that USNS Henry J. Kaiser, a Military Sealift Command Fleet replenishment oiler, delivered 900,000 gallons of a 50-50 blend of advanced biofuels and traditional petroleum to the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Nimitz.
- FAT GIRL. Rawlings, Charles; Leighton, Isabel // Saturday Evening Post;2/6/1943, Vol. 215 Issue 32, p9
This article provides information on the auxiliary oil Neosho, a ship of the U.S. Navy attached to the Pacific Fleet. The Neosho is a tanker that can carry 150,000 barrels of oil for refueling warships in the high seas and in ports. The source of Neosho's supply is San Pedro in California and...
- With the press pool in the Persian Gulf. Thompson, Mark // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the adventures of the ten reporters constituting the first Pentagon press pool to cover a real military operation. Coverage of the U.S. Navy's first escort of Kuwaiti oil tankers; Need for each story to be transmitted to Washington to be encoded before being sent because they are...
- The C-2 Greyhound: A Multi-Mission Workhorse? Reimers, David // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2015, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p80
The article offers information on the Northrop Grumman C-2 Greyhound cargo aircraft to deliver cargos to the carrier onboard delivery (COD) mission. Topics discussed include a singular primary mission to be conducted by the COD aircraft for the U.S. Navy, ability of tankers which are equipped...
- MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND SHIPS. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p43
Features various ships of the U.S. Navy Military Sealift Command. History of the first modern hospital ship in the Navy; Container ships used in the Afloat Repositioning Ship program; Displacement of several U.S. Navy tankers.