LARGE, MEDIUM-SPEED, ROLL-ON/ROLL-OFF SHIPS (T-AKR)
- LARGE, MEDIUM-SPEED, ROLL-ON/ROLL-OFF SHIPS (T-AKR). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p125
Features the Watson Class roll-on/roll-off ship of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ship; Power plant; Endurance of the ship.
- LMSR Re-Named For WWI Hero. // Sea Power;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p27
Reports on the renaming of a large, medium-speed roll-on/roll-off sealift ship operated by the United States (U.S.) Military Sealift Command, in tribute of U.S. Marine Fred W. Stockman. Design of the ship; Principal speakers at the christening ceremonies of the ship in Jacksonville, Florida;...
- A New Dimension of Strength. Maraoui, Andre // Sea Power;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p29
Features the large, medium-speed roll-on/roll-off (LMSR) vessels of the U.S. Military Sealift Command. Design of the LMSR; Mechanical efficiency; Cargo stowage area.
- Correction. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/28/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p8
A correction to the article "Military service: Roll-on, Roll-off Operators Find U.S.-Flag Operation Lucrative" published in the summer issue of the Breakbulk supplement is presented.
- Wherever You Go, The Tune's the Same. White, Michael D. // World Trade;May99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p72
Reports that efficiency and economy drive global intermodal services. Problems faced by intermodal links in Europe; Information on Roll-On/Roll-Off services; Condition of port business in Singapore; Major development project being planned in Australia.
- Ro-ro carriers looking for non-traditional cargo at Jacksonville and elsewhere. Buxhaum, Peter // American Journal of Transportation;6/13/2016, Issue 627, p4
The article reports on the growing interest of roll on-roll off (ro-ro) container carriers for cargo traditionally carried by a heavy-lift fleet at the Port of Jacksonville, Florida (JAXPORT), as well as other ports.
- CAR CARRIER. Goldish, Meish // Titanic Trucks;2010, p6
A chapter from the book "Titanic Trucks" is presented, which offers information on car carriers.
- Largest Ro-ro launched. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;1/27/97, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p16
Reports on Wilhelmsen Ltd.'s plan to deploy its Taronga roll-on/roll-off ship on its round-the-world operation in 1997. Ship features and capabilities; Cargo composition on the round-the-world operation.
- Dunkirk spends to attract lines. // Traffic World;1/27/97, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the plan of the port of Dunkirk, France to invest about $70 million in 1997 in a bid to attract new container nd breakbulk liner services. Number of roll-on/roll-off ships handled by the port in 1996; Reason for the decline in the port's roro business.