AVIATION LOGISTICS SUPPORT SHIPS (T-AVB)
- HIGH-SPEED VESSEL. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p126
Features the high-speed vessel Westpac Express of the U.S. Marine Corps and used to transport personnel and equipment. Displacement of the ship; Power plant; Passenger capacity.
- AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIPS (LHA, LHD). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p104
Features the amphibious assault ships Peleliu (LHA 5) Tarawa Class, Kearsarge (LHD 3) and Bataan (LHD 5) Wasp Class used by the U.S. Marine Corps. Displacement of the assault ships; Length and beam; Armament of the ships.
- AMPHIBIOUS TRANSPORT DOCKS (LPD). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p105
Features the amphibious transport docks Trenton (LPD 14) and Juneau (LPD 10) Austin Class used by the U.S. Marine Corp. Displacement of the dock; Builders of the dock; Capabilities of the aircraft hangar.
- STRATEGIC SEALIFT PROGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command (MSC)'s Strategic Sealift Program including Maritime Prepositioning Force (MPF), Army Prepositioned Stocks Afloat (APS-3), and Mobile Landing Platform (MLP) Ships with displacement and performance. Topics discussed include capability...
- Maine. Sutton, Kurt M. // Marines;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p7
Discloses that the US Marine Corps christened and launched the USS Higgins guided missile destroyer in Bath, Maine on October 4, 1997. Details about Marine Colonel William Richard Higgins' life and career; Description of the ship.
- BALLISTIC-MISSILE SUBMARINES (SSBN). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p93
Features the Henry M. Jackson SSBN 730 Ohio Class, a ballistic-missile submarine of the U.S. Displacement of the submarine; Description of the armament equipment; Builder of the submarine.
- A Reliable Old Smoothbore. Ronan II, James B. // Military Collector & Historian;Summer2016, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p179
The article discusses the historical significance of the USS Pensacola vessel, and mentions topics including the use of the USS Pensacola as a training ship from 1858 to 1911, the USS Pensacola's decommissioning in 1911, and the smoothbores used in the USS Pensacola.
- Weighty Information. Dawson, Dudley // Yachting;Mar2009, Vol. 205 Issue 3, p28
The article emphasizes the importance of understanding and knowing the boat's tonnage to know its true displacement.
- HULL SPEED. Seidman, David // Boating;Aug2002, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p52
Provides information on the displacement of a boat.