MARITIME PREPOSITIONING FORCE
- C.O.D. Furry, Rodney J. // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p10
Focuses on the responsibilities of craftmasters in the United States Navy. Information on the Landing Craft Utility 1633 and its crew; Overview of the qualification process to become a craftmaster; Comments from several craftmasters.
- YP Boat Enlisted: Training Future Leaders. Beyea, David G. // All Hands;May2006, Issue 1069, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Navy Academy has trained midshipmen on Yard Patrol boats from Naval Station Annapolis.
- Special warfare's newest boat makes its mark. Mooney, Ray // All Hands;Jun96, Issue 950, p6
Features the MK 5 Patrol Boat of the United States Navy. Operation of the boat by graduates of the Navy's combatant craft course; Maintenance of its twin-engine propulsion system; Composition of the MK 5 detachment; Other features of the boat.
- Patrol craft packs a punch. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Aug95, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p28
Features the Navy's Cyclone-class patrol boats. Debut of craft in operations off Haiti; Rollout of USS Shamal vessel in early 1996; Acceleration; Armaments.
- Riverine Creates New Wake. Frantom, Todd // All Hands;Sep2011, Issue 1134, p14
The article focuses on the Riverine Command Boat (RCB) which provides U.S. Navy and security forces the ability to travel bays and coastal regions and expands command and control capabilities to reach maritime security.
- Navy tests first fiberglass ship. Conner, Jim // All Hands;Dec95, Issue 944, p38
Reports on the Navy first fiberglass ship the USS Osprey (MHC 51). Comments from resident supervisor, CDR Philip N. Johnson; Where is the ship homeport; Crew members; Change of homeport.
- RIVGRU 1 Increases Command, Control with New RCB Boat. Hinchcliffe, Michael R. // All Hands;Apr2009, Issue 1105, p34
The article reports that a Riverine Command Boat (RCB) is being tested by Riverine Group 1, a squadron of the U.S. Navy.
- Steaming on the Gray Line. Levey, Commander Gerald // Naval History;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the service of P-2 transport ships of the United States Navy Gray Line in western Pacific from 1946 to 1950. Capacity of the ships; Wartime service; Amenities on board the ships.
- FAST SEALIFT SHIPS (T-AKR). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p126
Features several fast sealift ships of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the T-AKR 287 USNS Algol; Power plant of T-AKR 288 USNS Bellatrix; Endurance of the T-AKr 290 USNS Pollux.