- SURVEILLANCE SHIPS (T-AGOS). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p121
Features the surveillance ship ABLE (T-AGOS 20) Victorious Class of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ship; Dimension; Power plant.
- OCEANOGRAPHIC SURVEY SHIPS (T-AGS). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p121
Features the oceanographic survey ships USNS Pathfinder (T-AGS 60) and USNS Mary Sears (T-AGS 65) of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ships; Dimension; Power plant.
- MISSILE -RANGE INSTRUMENTATION, NAVIGATION TEST-SUPPORT SHIPS (T-AGS, T-AGM). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p122
Features the navigation test-support ships USNS Observation Island (T-AGM 23), Invincible (T-AGM 24) and Waters (TAGS 45) of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ships; Dimension; Power plant.
- Seven days: 2-8 March 2012. // Nature;3/8/2012, Vol. 483 Issue 7388, p128
The article offers world news briefs. North Korea has taken a deal to suspend nuclear testing, uranium enrichment and development of long-range ballistic missiles in exchange for food aid from the U.S. The central government of China has planned to increase spending on science and technology by...
- L3 Cincinnati Electronics to provide optoelectronic surveillance for Navy research vessel. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
The article reports that optoelectronics engineers at L3 Cincinnati Electronics in Mason, Ohio, are providing the company's Night Conqueror thermal imaging system for the U.S. Navy Sea Fighter FSF-1 advanced surface warship. The Sea Fighter research vessel is capable of operating at speeds...
- An Old Salt Retires. Schmitt, Ray // Oceanography;Mar2015, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the R/V Knorr research ship of the U.S. Navy which was retired in late 2014 after 44 years of oceanographic service. Topics covered include the Latin motto of the vessel "Sak sume sub sole" which was provided by its first captain Emerson Hiller, the decision of the Navy to...
- contracts. // Sea Technology;Jul2012, p63
The article offers marine business news briefs as of July 2012. Caley Ocean Systems Ltd. has been awarded a contract to supply seabed drilling and coring equipment on a research vessel owned by Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. L-3 Unidyne has been awarded a contract to provide equipment and...
- SEA SHADOW. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p114
Features the Sea Shadow (IX 529), a test and research craft built by the Lockheed Missiles & Space Co. under the joint sponsorship between the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and the Navy. Displacement of the ship; Power plant; Length and beam.
- JOINT VENTURE. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p115
Introduces the high-speed catamaran experimental research vessel Joint Venture (HSV-X1) under lease from Bollinger/Incat USA and being used as a test platform by the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps and the Special Operations Command. Displacement of the vessel; Power plant; Beam and length.