MARK V SPECIAL OPERATIONS CRAFT (SOC)
- Naval Special Warfare Development Group Seeks Sailors. Campbell, Michael // All Hands;Sep2008, Issue 1098, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU) visited Naval Support Activity recruiting Sailors interested in supporting special warfare commands.
- Executive Order 13039--exclusion of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group from the Federal... Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p343
Presents President Bill Clinton's Executive Order 13039 issued on March 11, 1997 to exclude the US Naval Special Warfare Development Group from the provisions of Chapter 71, Title Five of the United States Code.
- Special Operations Require Special Intelligence Officers. Brock, Lieutenant Tony // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec99, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p71
Comments on the importance of exercises in military intelligence for the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSW) of the United States Navy. SEAL activities characterized by guerilla operations launched against a defended enemy; Organizational support needed for successfully-tailored...
- Naval Special Warfare Unveils New Warfare Pin. // All Hands;Nov2001, Issue 1015, p13
Reports that qualified members of the United States Naval Special Warfare's boat units are authorized to wear a warfare pin designed for Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewmen.
- SEALs Need Dedicated Helo Support. Dunne, Martha S. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2001, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the lack of rotary-wing support of the United States Naval Special Warfare. Role of helicopters in littoral warfare; Reliance of the Navy on conventional US helicopters for training; Budget constraints of the Navy.
- Meeting the Demand for Maritime Special Operations Forces Capability. McKaughan, Jeff // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p12
The article presents a reprint of the article "Meeting the Demand for Maritime Special Operations Forces Capability," by Jeff McKaughan, which appeared in the November/December 2009 online edition of "Special Operations Technology." The article presents an interview with Captain Charles Wolf of...
- SEAL TRAINING IS A CHOICE. Dinkel, Joseph // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2016, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p66
An essay is presented about the U.S. Navy Special Warfare (NSW). Topics discussed include the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training, the author's selection from the U.S. Naval Academy to serve as an NSW officer, and the lessons he learned from his SEAL training particularly those...
- SEAL Team Six And The Linda Norgrove Hostage Rescue. Hunter, Thomas B. // Journal of Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International;Spring2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the hostage rescue operation conducted by the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU) of the U.S. Navy, commonly known as SEAL Team Six, for the safe retrieval of British aid worker Linda Norgrove in Afghanistan on October 2010. Norgrove was captured by Taliban...
- 'Check Six' on 2011. // Rotor & Wing;Apr2012, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that the year 2011 has confirmed the helicopters continue to retain an important place in military operational strategy citing the raid, code named Operation Neptune Spear, by U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU), to kill Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad,...