FAST COMBAT SUPPORT SHIPS (AOE)
- USS Tarawa hosts NJROTC cadets. Maddix, JO3 Scott // All Hands;Nov95, Issue 943, p47
Focuses on the hosting of Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (NJROTC) on the assault ship USS Tarawa (LHA 1). Comments by retired Captain Don Hetherington; Functions of NJROTC.
- The Fixer. Moore, Stacey // All Hands;Apr99, Issue 984, p34
Features the mobile support and repair facility ship USS McKee. Functions of the ship; Plans for a Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity Submarine Maintenance Detachment.
- The last voyage of the Hiddensee. Langreth, Robert // Popular Science;Aug95, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p66
Features the US Navy ship `Hiddensee,' a Soviet-made missile boat. Donation of the ship to the US government after the German reunification; Tactical design of the ship; Radar system; Top speed; Degaussing equipment; Scheduled donation of the ship to the Intrepid Sea-Air Space Museum in New...
- USS Clark Blazes Through Great Lakes During Summer Cruise. Peppler, Chito // All Hands;Nov99, Issue 991, p43
Focuses on the cruise of the United States Naval ship USS Clark in the Great Lakes.
- Untitled. // All Hands;Nov2004, Issue 1051, p4
Presents information on USS Curtis Wilbur, the second U.S. Navy ship to visit Vietnam.
- Ships. // All Hands;Jan2006, Issue 1065, p10
A list of ships of the U.S. Navy is presented.
- MSC Ships. // All Hands;Jan2006, Issue 1065, p18
A list of the MSC ships of the U.S. Navy is presented.
- Life cycle of a mishap: Saving a warrior. Testorff, Ken // Fathom;Sep-Nov94, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p26
Describes an accident involving the US Navy's USS Samuel B. Roberts on April 14, 1988 in the Persian Gulf. Collision with a mine while using auxiliary-propulsion units to back down the ship's original wake; Success of crewmen in preventing the ship from sinking.
- Life cycle of a mishap: Motivated to keep doing things right. Testorff, Ken // Fathom;Sep-Nov94, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p28
Describes an accident involving the US Navy's USS Samuel B. Roberts on April 14, 1988. Collision with a mine in the Persian Gulf; Emergency response of crewmen; Recollection of incident by the ship's auxiliaries and electrical officer Don Wilkinson.
- What Happened to DD-21? Polmar, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2001, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p103
Reports the establishment of DD(X) program by the United States Navy. Announcement on the end of the DD-21 program which was initiated and develop for land-attack destroyer; Description on the function of the program; Reasons for the shift of program in the Department of Defense.