COMMAND SHIPS (LCC/AGF)
- AMMUNITION SHIPS (T-AE). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p118
Features the ammunition ship Kilauea (T-AE 26) of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ship; Dimension; Builder of the ship.
- FAST COMBAT SUPPORT SHIPS (T-AOE). // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p118
Features the T-AOE 6 USNS Supply and T-AOE 8 USNS Arctic, the fast combat support ships of the U.S. Navy. Displacement of the ships; Dimension; Passenger capacity.
- COMBAT FLEETS. Baker III, A. D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p108
Provides details of various combat fleets in the world. Recommission of offshore patrol vessel (OPV) Orkney of Great Britain as Nelson in Trinidad and Tobago, in January 2001; Navy type 351 mine countermeasures drone control ships of Germany; Recommission of OPV Beskyterren of Danish navy as...
- ISRAEL-TURKEY-FLOTILLA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/14/2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5073, p14
The article reports that Gabby Levy, Israel's Ambassador to Ankara, Turkey has expressed concerns in a meeting with Turkish officials about new flotilla of 15 aid ships bound for Gaza from Turkey which is hoping to challenge Israel's blockade on the enclave in May 2011.
- Monitor turret surfaces, briefly. // America's Civil War;Jan2012, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that barnacles and sediment from the 120-ton, wrought-iron turret of the ironclad USS Monitor at the Mariners' Museum in Newport News, Virginia was scraped for cannonball dents from its Civil War battles will be easier to see.
- COMBAT FLEETS. Wertheim, Eric // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2009, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p92
The article offers news briefs related to combat fleets. In February 2009 the Republic of Malta ordered four new 21-meter inshore patrol craft from the Australian shipbuilder Austal. In December 2008 South Korea commissioned the Yoon Young-Ha, the first of its new guided-missile patrol boats...
- COMBAT FLEETS. Wertheim, Eric // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2008, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p92
The article presents information on various combat fleets that were and are likely to be commissioned and decommissioned by their countries. Belgium retired the Westdiep, its fourth and final Wielingen-class frigate on October 5, 2007. Australia's guided-missile frigate, the HMAS Adelaide, will...
- All in a Day's Work. Scott, Jhi L. // All Hands;Sep2009, Issue 1110, p38
The article discusses the duties of culinary specialist 1st class petty officer Kevon Henry at Freedom (LCS 1) ship in the U.S.
- The rocky road to watertightness. // Professional Engineering;7/9/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the Royal Navy destroyer, HMS Nottingham that ran aground off Australia in July 2002, is ready to prove the integrity of initial repairs to its hull. Repair work carried out by a joint venture between BAE Systems and Vosper Thornycroft.