- GUIDED-MISSILE CRUISERS. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information on the U.S. Navy's guided-missile cruisers (CG) including Shiloh along with information on displacement, commissioning, and modernization. Topics discussed include deployment of Tomahawk cruise missiles in CGs for increasing their long range strike warfare...
- HMS Belfast. // Professional Engineering;6/2/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p56
The article offers information on HMS Belfast, the second World War light cruiser located at the South Bank in London, England.
- Cruiser Moskva returns to Sevastopol after four month cruise. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/18/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Nov 18 (Interfax-AVN) - The guard missile cruiser Moskva, the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, which is under the command of Captain I Rank Sergei Tronev, returned to Sevastopol after fulfilling tasks in the ocean zone and in the Mediterranean on Saturday.
- S.M.S. "Dresden"; her end and her crew's fate. Rickenback, Peter C. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;9/30/2005, Vol. 197 Issue 143, p16
Reprints the article "S.M.S. "Dresden"; Her End and Her Crew's Fate," by Peter C. Rickenback, which appeared in the August 2004 issue of "Germania."
- 2008 CHANGES IN SHIPS' STATUS. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p55
The article lists the changes that took place in the status of ships of the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and naval auxiliaries of Military Sealift Command in 2008 which include decommissioning of the Kitty Hawk (CV 63) aircraft cruiser, inactivation...
- Lest we forget. Wertheim, Eric // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct99, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p94
Focuses on the Brooklyn-class light cruiser USS Honolulu (CL-48) warship in the United States. Role of the Honolulu in naval operations during World War II; Contributions to the battle of Tassafaronga; Prevention of Japanese reinforcement at Guadalcanal; Support for the landings on New Georgia.
- Long Legs. Williams, John Page; Baione, Patricia // Boating;Feb2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p48
Features C-Dory 25, a cruiser powered by a 130-hp Honda BF 130.
- THE IRON CROSS EPIDEMIC. // Punch or the London Charivari, Vol. 147, December 23, 1914;1/1/1914, p32
The article offers information regarding the captain of a German cruiser who gives an order to lighten the ship to speed up.
- Stealthy New Look For The Navy. // Popular Mechanics;Aug2002, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p34
Reports on the construction of DDX, a family of destroyers, cruisers and combat ships for the U.S. Navy.