A Vision of Continuing Excellence
- Providing Support to Boots-on-the-Ground. McCammack, Jason // All Hands;Aug2008, Issue 1097, p16
The article offers information on the role and responsibilities of Individual Augmentee and Global War on Terrorism Support Assigment Sailors of the U.S. Navy, who are serving in various combat support and combat service support billets on the ground and around the world.
- Navy Provides Flexible Support to GSA, IA Families. // All Hands;Aug2008, Issue 1097, p19
The article reports on the designation of the U.S. Fleet Forces Command as the Navy's executive agent for the Individual Augmentee Continuum and Global War on Terrorism Support Assignment.
- 'The Real Thing' Peterson, Gordon I. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p1
Comments on the preparation of the United States Navy for the phase of its war on terrorism. Deployment of the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln; Interdeployment training of the battle group; Morale of the crew.
- Enduring Freedom Update. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p21
Presents updates on the Enduring Freedom, the operation of the United States on its war on terrorism. Deployment of the U.S. Navy carrier battle group John F. Kennedy; Return of the coastal patrol ship Firebolt to its homeport; Decline in the numbers of sea-service reservists.
- OLD GLORY. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/11/2002, Issue 35, p11
Reports on the order from the U.S. Navy that all fleets fly the 'Don't Tread on Me' rattlesnake flag to emphasize America's determination in the war on terror. Statement from Navy Secretary Gordon England.
- VALOR UNDER FIRE. Mazzetti, Mark // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/2002 Special Issue, Vol. 133, p54
Focuses on a reconnaissance mission in Takur Ghar, Afghanistan that resulted in the deaths of several U.S. Navy SEALs. Description of the incidence, which ignited when al Qaeda activity was spotted in a part of eastern Afghanistan which was supposed to be free of enemy forces.
- The New Front Line. Ingle, Saul // All Hands;Feb2002, Issue 1018, p42
Focuses on the role of postal clerks at the U.S. Navy ship USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) in the war on Terrorism. Efforts to prevent anthrax infections; Protection against the threat on anthrax during deployment.
- Tophatters Take It to the Enemy. Gordon, Robert // Wings of Gold;Winter2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on Tophatters, the U.S. Navy's strike fighter squadron VFA-14, that has faced two battles including operation New Dawn in Iraq and operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Comments on the awards won by the members of the squadron including CVW-9 Top Hook award and Top...
- Air Strikes Hit Afghan Front Lines. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on the participation of United States (U.S.) naval aircraft in the aerial bombing campaign against Taliban government forces and al-Qaeda terrorists inside Afghanistan in 2001. Types of precision-guided weapons used in the air war; Reliance of the campaign on British and U.S. aerial...