- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p8
Presents international news briefs related to the book publishing industry, as of October 21, 2002. Increase in the number of German public visitors at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany; Implications of a merger between television producers Carlton and Granada for Carlton Books;...
- MacMillan launches information technology portal. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Nov99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
Reports on Indianapolis, Indiana-based computer book publisher MacMillan USA's launching of its information technology portal called InformIT. Delivery of information technology to students and corporate users; Provision of in-depth content; Other value-added features.
- Publisher's Announcement. Marks, Jayne // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p5
Presents announcement of the publisher Macmillan Publishers Ltd. regarding the creation of a company Nature Publishing Group. Core values of the company; Reason for the creation of the Group; Information about the journal 'Journal of Human Hypertension.'
- Complicated comparisons. // Accountancy;Feb1987, Vol. 99 Issue 1122, p34
Reports that Chrysalis Group chairman Chris Wright apologized in the annual report for the year ended June 30 1986 for the anomalous comparative figures. Merger between the Chrysalis Group PLC and Chrysalis Group Ltd. (CGL); Reorganization of the CGL before the merger; Directors' report;...
- Flanders optimistic about Macmillan's prospects. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p105
Describes the status of Macmillan Publishing USA, as of February 16, 1998. Brief history of company; Company run by Scott Flanders; Flanders' evaluation of 1997 for Macmillan's business; Slight decline in domestic sales at Macmillan Computer Publishing (MCP); Macmillan's three units; Company's...
- Chrysalis cuts jobs at books arm. // Printing World;8/11/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 6, p13
Reports on media group Chrysalis' plans to cut jobs in an attempt to improve profitability at its books division. Launching of a consultation period; Departure from the children's and promotional book publishing sector.
- ITV trio clinch Chrysalis deal. // Televisual;Sep2003, p13
Reports on the acquisition of the television interests of entertainment company Chrysalis by British independent television company ITV. Value of the acquisition; Focus on radio assets.
- Rivals review landscape and merger options. // Music Week;10/9/2004, Issue 41, p6
Reports merger options in the music industry in Great Britain. Speculation to leading players Chrysalis, Emap, and Scottish Radio Holdings (SRH); Assessment of trading updates; Link-up between Emap and SRH.
- Chrysalis merger gets go-ahead. Davis, Matt // Money Marketing;2/24/2005, p12
Reports on the merger of Chrysalis A, B, and C and the Chrysalis VCT. Costs of the merger; Announcements on the proposals for the merger; Performance and operation of Chrysalis.