It's Only Halftime For University Presses, 'But It Sure Doesn't Look Good' For The Rest Of The Year
- A Crisis in Scholarly Publishing? McPherson, James M. // Perspectives;Oct2003, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the crisis that threatens opportunities for scholarly publishing. Investigation by the Modern Language Association; Declining number of scholarly monographs in the humanities; Decline in the copies of those monographs which are published; Dwindling budgets of college and university...
- BOOK STORES RETAILING INDUSTRY (NAICS 451211). // United States Product & Retail Report Series;2012, Special section p1
The article presents information on the performance and forecast for books including University press product line of the book stores retailing industry in the U.S. for 2012 and 2013. Information on the related industries including book publishing, book printing and newspaper publishing is...
- LATE BULLETINS. // Library Journal;11/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p11
Offers news briefs related to libraries in the United States as of November 1, 2000. Reopening of the Oviatt Library at California State University, Northridge, which had been closed since an earthquake in 1994; Tax cut which would limit the funds of libraries in Washington; Opposition of...
- Changing sales and markets of American university presses, 1960-1990. Hannifin, Jennifer Kavins // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer91, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p11
Examines whether or not university presses have shifted their focus toward trade books. Trade publishers' attitude towards midlist books; Ways university presses defined trade books; Impact of publishing trade books on university press list.
- Specialization by university presses. Parsons, Paul // Book Research Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p3
Explains why American university presses designate publishing lists. Outlet for the specializations of scholars; Determination and analysis of listbuilding areas; Focus on publishing humanities and social sciences books.
- OUP reports best-ever year. V.M. // Publishers Weekly;11/22/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 47, p14
Reports on the financial performance of the Oxford University Press for the year ending March 1993. Increase in sales and pretax profits; Strong ELT sales.
- My Forty Years at University Presses. Wentworth, Richard // Sewanee Review;Fall2012, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p607
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences in working at university presses in the U.S.
- No quiet centenary for U. of California Press. See, Lisa // Publishers Weekly;1/3/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the centennial celebration of the University of California Press. Financial strain experienced by the press; Debates over the role of technology in scholarly publishing; James H. Clark as director; Number of hardcover, paperbacks, journals and backlists published annually; Publishing...
- 13 UP's in networked information experiment on their campuses. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p20
Reports on thirteen universities chosen as participants to the joint initiative of AAUP and the Coalition for Networked Information. Design to help university presses develop networked information resources and services; Publishing the results of scholarship in the networks; Participants chosen...