Review: S-adenosylmethionine treats osteoarthritis as effectively as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with fewer adverse effects
- Sam-e. Horstman, Judith // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p52
Deals with the help offered by a supplement called S-adenosylmethionine (Sam-e) in the battle against the pain of osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Why most people consider the supplement; Scientific studies conducted about the supplement; Effectiveness of Sam-e in osteoarthritis; Why physicians...
- Can One Substance Treat Both Osteoarthritis and Depression? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Nov99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), a substance that treats osteoarthritis and depression. Side effects of SAMe; How the supplement works.
- SAM-e SO-SO. Schardt, David // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the physiological and therapeutic effects of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e). Information on SAM-e; Treatment for depression; Treatment for osteoarthritis. INSETS: THE BOTTOM LINE;SAM-e STRIKES OUT.
- SAMe Supplements Tested. // Nutraceuticals World;Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p23
The article reports that dietary supplements with SAMe (Sadenosyl-methionine) for treatment of osteoarthritis and depression have been tested by ConsumerLab.com LLC and found that only seven out of 10 SAMe supplements have met all quality criteria.
- SAMe aids arthritis without side effects. Martin, John // Life Extension;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p23
Confirms the efficacy of dietary supplement S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) in easing the pain of osteoarthritis as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), but without the side effects of NSAID. Results of clinical trials published in the November 1987 issue of the journal 'American Journal...
- Review: SAMe reduces symptoms in depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disease. Baime, Michael J. // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p20
Highlights a study on S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe) for treatment of depression, osteoarthritis and liver disease. Models used in meta-analyses; Effectiveness of SAMe for depression, osteoarthritis and liver disease; Categorization of SAMe which deprives it both of the attention and the...
- An Emerging Alternative to NSAIDs For Osteoarthritis? Cerrato, Paul L.; Vernarec, Emil // RN;May2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p24
Examines the effectiveness of the supplement S-adenosylmethionine as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug for relieving the pain and functional limitations caused by osteoarthritis.
- This alternative apparently relieves osteoarthritis. Cerrato, Paul L. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p118
Discusses research being done on S-adenosylmethionine as an effective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs for relieving the pain and functional limitations brought on by osteoarthritis. Reference to a study by K. L Soeken, W. W. Lee, R. B. Bausell et al which appeared in a 2002 issue of the...
- PILLS FOR PAIN? SCHARDT, DAVID // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses the common causes of osteoarthritis in the U.S. It states that obese people are more prone to osteoarthritis because of the load pressuring knee joint and causes inflammation which could break down cartilage. It says that osteoarthritis also depends on various aspects...