Noninvasive Helicobacter pylori testing was as effective as endoscopy for managing dyspepsia
- Influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on in vitro responsiveness of gastric fundus to agonists and to stimulation of enteric nerves in Mongolian gerbils. Takehara, Yusuke; Mizuta, Yohei; Isomoto, Hajime; Ohnita, Ken; Yoshimura, Masaya; Nakamura, Takashi; Takeshima, Fuminao; Omagari, Katsuhisa; Murase, Kunihiko; Murata, Ikuo; Taniyama, Kohtaro; Kohno, Shigeru // Journal of Gastroenterology;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p589
Background. It has recently been proposed that disturbed gastric adaptive relaxation may play a role in functional dyspepsia (FD). However, the effect of Helicobacter pylori infection, which may be one of multiple factors associated with FD, on gastric relaxation is not clear. The aim of this...
- AKT answer relating to management of dyspepsia. // InnovAiT;Apr2011, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p244
The article offers information on how to manage dyspepsia which involves the use of a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) or test and treat for helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) and the prescription of a prokinetic or an H2-receptor antagonist for one month.
- Eradicting Helicobacter pylori and symptoms of non-ulcer dyspepsia. Patchett, S.; Beattie, S.; Leen, E.; Keane, C.; O'Morain, C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/16/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6812, p1238
Examines the effects of Helicobacter pyroli eradication on non-ulcer dyspepsia symptoms in Adelaide, South Australia. Role of H. pyroli in the development of gastritis; Use of questionnaire in determining the change in symptoms scores of patients; Microbiological evidence on the presence of H....
- Is Helicobacter pylori the cause of dyspepsia? Bernersen, Bjorn; Johnsen, Roar; Bostad, Leif; Straume, Bjorn; Sommer, Ann-Inger; Burhol, Per G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/16/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6837, p1276
Examines the association between infection with Helicobacter (H) pylori and dyspepsia in Norway. Factors causing the prevalence of the disease; Methodology of the treatment; Investigation on the occurrence of endoscopic and histological diagnoses of cultures positive with H. pylori.
- Helicobacter pylori Eradication in Patients with Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia. Xia, H.H-X.; Talley, N.J. // Drugs;Nov1999, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p785
Epidemiological and pathophysiological studies, as well as clinical trials, attempting to identify a relationship between Helicobacter pylori infection and non-ulcer dyspepsia (NUD), or a subset of NUD, have produced inconsistent and confusing results. While it is possible that H. pylori...
- Helicobacter pylori eradication improved dyspepsia symptoms. // ACP Journal Club;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p17
Presents a study which investigated the role of Helicobacter pylori eradication in improving dyspepsia symptoms. Description of the clinical characteristics of patients; Patient intervention; Outcome measures.
- Role of Helicobacter pylori in Functional Dyspepsia: More Controversies Than Answers. Yeong Yeh Lee; Andrew Seng Boon Chua // Journal of Neurogastroenterology & Motility;Jul2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p417
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication on functional dyspepsia" by S.E. Kim and colleagues in a 2013 issue. of the journal.
- HELICOBACTER PYLORI SEROLOGY IN AN URBAN MULTIETHNIC POPULATION: TEST AND TREAT OR GUESS AND TREAT? Dor, R.; Blanshard, C. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA79
Background: Our current guidelines advocate a "test and treat" in young patients with dyspepsia without alarm symptoms. Most GPs use H pylori serology as the test of choice, which has not been validated for our population. Aims: To determine the sensitivity and specificity of the serological...
- No evidence that nonulcer dyspepsia is caused by H pylori. // Modern Medicine;Jun95, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p34
Presents an abstract of the article `Nonulcer Dyspepsia in a Dutch Working Population and Helicobacter pylori: Ulcer History as an Explanation of an Apparent Association,' by R.J. Schlemper, S.D.J. van der Werf, et al., which was published in the `Archives of Internal Medicine' dated January 9,...