Review: Several drugs are efficacious for symptomatic treatment of Parkinson disease
- New drug for treatment of Parkinson's Disease. Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;9/15/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p1226
Introduces the pramipexole dihydrochloride (Mirapex), a drug for treating idiopathic Parkinson's disease in both early and advanced stage approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. Therapeutic use of the drug; Common side-effects of the drug.
- On-time. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;3/2/98, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p27
Presents information on the drug Tasmar (tolcapone) used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Who manufactures this drug; How this drug works; Information on drugs with which Tasmar can be used; Comment by William Koller, chairman, department of neurology at the University of Kansas Medical...
- EPILEPSY DRUG HELPS PATIENTS WITH PARKINSON'S. Boyd, Leslie // RN;Jul2000, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p96
Reports on the possibility that the experimental epilepsy drug Remacemide might benefit Parkinson's disease patients.
- Formulary Scorecard. // Formulary;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1045
Reports on Parkinson's disease drugs and anticonvulsants in the United States tracked by `Formulary' magazine. Formulary acceptance rates for hospitals and managed care organizations.
- Intestinal Gel Is Effective for Advanced Parkinson's Disease. Stong, Colby // Neurology Reviews;Jun2012, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the effectiveness of Levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel in treating advanced Parkinson's disease as reported by professor C. Warren Olanow, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York City, based on the results of the trial conducted by him.
- WHAT'S NEW IN DRUGS? Rodman, Morton J. // RN;Jan76, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p15
Presents information on new drug products introduced as of January 1976. Advantages of Sinemet for treating Parkinson's disease; How on-trial contraceptive system Progestasert works.
- Sinemet and the Treatment of Parkinsonism. Boshes, Benjamin // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar81, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p364
Traces the history of sinemet and the treatment of Parkinsonism. Overview of the prelevodopa era and the early levodopa period; Pharmacology; Complications.
- Ecstasy has a dramatic effect on Parkinson's symptoms. Concar, David // New Scientist;11/9/2002, Vol. 176 Issue 2368, p14
Reports that ecstasy, a previously condemned medicine, is being hailed as a possible cure for Parkinson's disease. Effect of the medicine in curbing the uncontrollable arm and leg movements; Role of experiences of a stuntman Tim Lawrence in prompting a study of the therapeutic effectiveness of...
- New Promise For Parkinson's. Raymond, Natasha // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p12
Reports on a study on the effectiveness of Requip drug in treating Parkinson's disease. Results of the study.