Fluvastatin reduced major adverse cardiac outcomes after first percutaneous coronary intervention
- Murmurs about the heart. Laborde, Karen L. // New Orleans Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the prevention and treatment of coronary-artery disease. INSET: Risk Factors for Coronary-Artery Disease.
- Comorbidities Complicate a Diabetic Man's Care. Steingart, Richard M. // Cortlandt Forum;3/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p102
Discusses the management of coronary artery disease. Findings of symptom-limited stress test; Importance of weight loss in diabetic patients; Frequency of prevention services in physician specialties.
- Healing from the Heart: Dr. Mehmet Oz. // Medical Update;Mar2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p5
Provides information on several therapies for patients with heart disease.
- The complete Swan-Ganz. Lalli, Susan M. // RN;Sep78, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p64
Provides insights into the effectiveness of the use of Swan-Ganz catheter in patients with heart ailment. Role of the catheter as an aid in monitoring and treating critically ill patients; Possible risks of using the catheter; Processes involved in the use of the catheter.
- cardiotherapy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p370
A definition of the term "cardiotherapy" which refers to the treatment of heart diseases is presented.
- Heart of the Matter. Hardin, Marie // Georgia Trend;Mar2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p35
Reports on advancements in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of heart disease, the number one health threat in the United States. Heart disease rates in Georgia; Greater understanding of cholesterol and various metabolic factors; Anti-cholesterol statin drugs; Mind-body risk factors;...
- The ADAMs: a new therapeutic avenue? Schwartzbauer, G; Robbins, J // Pharmacogenomics Journal;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p73
Discusses the advantage of the sufficiency of ADAM blockade in preventing cardiac hypertrophy and uncovering the mechanism of ADAM action in triggering hypertrophy to design effective therapeutics aimed at preventing the progression of heart disease to heart failure. Statistics on U.S. people...
- Aspirin best policy to reduce CHD risk. // Pulse;12/1/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p12
Focuses on the efficacy and cost effectiveness of aspirin to prevent heart disease in Great Britain.
- The `Berlin Heart' assist device. Drews, Thorsen; Loebe, Matthias; Hennig, Ewald; Kaufmann, Friedrich; Muller, Johannes; Hetzer, Roland // Perfusion;Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p387
Evaluates the Berlin Heart assist device. System description and implantation; Experience with the device at the Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin.