- See It! Ormond, Mark // Gulfshore Life;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p46
The article features Charles Miner's technique in exquisite glass sculpture and his 2011 work Shapeshifter which is on exhibit at the Naples Museum of Art in March 2012.
- THE BIG PICTURE. // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p19
A photograph of the Hoosier Coal Miner, a bronze statue of a yeoman miner at the entrance of the Statehouse in Indianapolis, Indiana is presented.
- Emma Colliery War Memorial. // Public Sculpture of North-East England;2000, p170
Information about the sculpture "Emma Colliery War Memorial," by an unknown designer is presented. The artwork, which is placed on the road-side facade of the memorial hall, is described as an inscribed bronze plaque which is flanked by bronze relief figures of miners' wives. Based on historical...
- On Guard. Wood, Nigel // Ceramic Review;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 227, p30
The article focuses on the life-sized warrior sculptures discovered by farmers at Lintong near Xi'an in Shaanxi province, China in 1974. The sculptures were made during the reign of emperor Qin Shihuangdi in the third century BC. The sculptures were made from loess, the fine rock dust that came...
- Monkeyshines On Rocks & Mineral Projects. Goldman, Phyllis Barkas // Monkeyshines & Ewe Explore North Carolina's Economy, Communities;2001, p32
The article presents an exercise on rocks and mineral projects such as making a volcano, one's own precious gems, colored sand jars, soap sculpturing and sand sculpturing.
- Clay Bodies. Bailey, Mike // Ceramic Review;Jan/Feb2007, Issue 223, p58
The article discusses the origins of clay and offers advice on preparing and choosing a clay body. It enumerates the main types of clay used in the production of prepared clay bodies. The two commercial methods used to produce plastic clays for studio potters are pan-milling and slip-housing. It...
- Ideas & information: modular Arts. // Contract;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p188
The article reports on seamless sculptural walls with modular Arts gypsum panels. Repeating panels match up to create continuous surfaces of any size. Panels are non-combustible, lightweight, trimmable and have a rock-hard, pintable surface. Choose from 12 organic and retro-modern designs.
- Mining heritage committee to unveil sculpture. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p2B
Reports that the official unveiling of Sudbury, Ontario's mining heritage sculpture is on September 15, 2001. Project of the Sudbury Mining Heritage Committee; Major financial support from the Canada Millennium Partnership Program; Creation of the 15-foot bronze structure by world-renowned...
- Trimdon Colliery Disaster Memorial. // Public Sculpture of North-East England;2000, p277
Information about the sculpture "Trimdon Colliery Disaster Memorial," created by artist G. Ryder is presented. A Gothic-styled sandstone memorial is established in remembrance of the 74 men who lost their lives by mining accident at Trimdon Grange Colliery in England on February 16, 1882. Many...