- Executive privilege. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p31
Focuses on the travel privileges of executives at companies. Reference to the amount of money spent by a bank in Manhattan on an executive's business trip; Comments from Paul Kueffner, manager of customer service at Journeycorp Travel Management; Why companies are willing to pay executives...
- Companies requiring separate travel plans for executive teams. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 11 Issue 61, p25
Reports on the growing number of companies which require their senior managers to travel on separate airplanes. Major companies with separate travel rules; Reasons of executives for breaking the rules.
- Is Travel Taking Its Toll? // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 2, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Provides the results of a poll survey about managers going on business travels. Time that managers spend on the road each year; Things that managers miss most when they are on the road; How often managers check in with the office while traveling.
- Executive leisure & travel. J.M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/98, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p55
Presents news items on executive leisure and travel in Long Island, New York for the week of April 13, 1998. Sea Cliff Chamber Players' presentation of the third program of its `Musical Cuisine--Champagne Brunch and Music' series on April 26, 1998; Family Golf Centers' entry into a marketing...
- Biz trips from hell. Pedone, Rose-robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/19/99, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p5A
Offers tips for business executives regarding their travel plans. Description of some of the worst travel experiences of some executives; Benefits of traveling in the morning; Car rental planning tips.
- Are you getting first-class treatment? Brown, Ann L.; Whigham-Desir, Marjorie // Black Enterprise;Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p137
Part II. Offers advice for black executives on how to get better service and value when traveling. Importance of asserting one's right for an appropriate treatment; Lodging of complaints; Filing of an action with a consumer advocacy agent.
- The Incredible Shrinking World. Demers, Julie // CMA Management;Nov2001, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p58
Focuses on the necessity for executives to travel to finalize business deals. Effect of the globalization of business; Option of eliminating the expense of global airtravel and hotel accommodation; Access of conferencing services.
- Staying healthy on the road. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p186
Offers advice for frequent business travelers on staying healthy during their trips. Importance of getting weather updates; Importance of packing according to the weather; Avoiding breakfast buffets high in fat; Importance of taking a break.
- Going solo. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p190
Offers advice for business travelers traveling alone in the United States. Percentage of travelers that traveled alone in the country for 1997; Importance of leaving travel plans with a family; Precautions that women travelers should take.