Honor Their LAST WILL
- Good week forâ€¦. // Personnel Today;1/29/2008, p4
The article reports on several developments related to personnel management in Great Britain. According to recruiter Reed Human Resources, interim Human Resources (HR) directors can now command up to Â£475 a day in London, with overall salaries rising by about 10%. A Â£372m government...
- Informing Decisions. Hirschman, Carolyn // HR Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p106
Focuses on the move of employers to offer health education for their employees to help them cope with the complexities in making medical decisions. Role of human resource professionals in employee health education; Benefits of engaging employees in knowing more about health costs. INSET:...
- Fighting the flu pandemic: Lessons from SARs. Overman, Stephenie // Employee Benefit News Canada;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the role of human resource (HR) directors in developing strategies to cope with a possible flu pandemic that would affect 25% to 30% of the workforce. The HR should be ready with a phased response based on varying circumstances such as when local health officials make...
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- HR is not immune to suits. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p97
Examines the possibility for human resource (HR) professionals to be sued by employees or former employees for company-related issues. How HR managers can avoid being sued by employees; Importance of the access to and use of labor counsel in performing HR functions.
- Small companies urged to reap benefits of HR. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p11
Highlights the strategies of several human resource managers in recruiting and retaining personnel. Importance of employees to the success of small-to-medium enterprises; Reason for giving employees flexible working arrangements; Inclusion of staff development in investment plans.