PARTNERING With the (School) Board
- The Labor Crisis Is Upon Us. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;12/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p14
Highlights the labor shortage in New Jersey and its implications for business enterprises in the state. Effect on the state's rate of growth; Effect on wages.
- Businesses by category and size. // Caribbean Business;7/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p29
Presents a chart on business enterprises in Puerto Rico. Information on the number of establishment per sector; Data on number of employees of sectors; Exclusion of non-payroll business establishments.
- Local tech firms prefer experience, motivation. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p35
Reports on the preference of local technology firms on specialized workforce in Tucson, Arizona. Solution for companies targeting people locally; Qualities of workforce.
- Wages rise amid worker scarcity. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/18/99, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the efforts of businesses in Indianapolis, Indiana to lure job applicants. Adjustment of wage-and-benefit scale to match changes in labor market; Expansion of existing businesses; Figures on the labor-market conditions in the city.
- Employers need fresh tactics in the war for talent. // Personnel Today;2/19/2002, p1
Reports the survey on the workforce plans of organizations in Great Britain. Methods used by firms in assessing and predicting the talent of employees; Appointment of talent directors by larger companies; Number of organizations using psychometrics and assessment center.
- Desperately seeking workers. Harding, John T. // Business News New Jersey;05/26/97, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p4
Reports that companies are experiencing difficulties in finding people to hire in New Jersey for available jobs. Details on the labor shortage in the state; Efforts by New Jersey companies to attract highly skilled people; Statistical information on the state's labor force; Workers' concern...
- Spur job growth by helping businesses compete. May, Carlos // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/1/2012 Supplement, Vol. 33, p6B
The author offers insight on the significance of job growth in completing businesses in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Survey: majority of Utah employers positive about economy in 2013. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/14/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p1
The article discusses a survey conducted by The Employers Council which found that most companies in Utah plan to either expand or maintain the workforce and a majority of the executives are optimistic about the economy in 2013.
- Issues, Trends and the Impact of e: WORKFORCE 2001. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/11/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p25
Presents a preview of the SACIA and the Connecticut Small Business Development Center's meeting to discuss regional workforce issues and trends of relevance to businesses in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Topics of presentations; Key speakers; Participants.