HR Embraces Web-based Technology
- Companies expand Web-based HR services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p22
Focuses on the expansion of the Web-based human resource (HR) services of companies in the U.S. Employees provided with HR intranet access; Contribution of the intranet in offering employee self-service in other areas; Improvements in the timeliness and accuracy of HR in providing information...
- Review reveals more companies adopt E-HR. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p61
Focuses on the increase of electronic human resources (HR) in Great Britain. Importance of HR intranet; Accessibility of the database; Inclusion of the web sites for electronic-HR.
- Keep employees on the same page with an intranet. Lee, Mie-Yun // Business Journal (Central New York);04/20/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
Encourages the use of the Intranet in personnel management. Advantages of using the Intranet in personnel management; Differentiation of an Intranet Web page with that of a typical Web site; Guidelines in setting up and maintaining an Intranet site.
- The click step. Tyler, Eva // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on self-service electronic human resources (HR) management. Increase in the number of companies which have intranet with HR content; Examples of companies with self-service HR; Benefits of Intranets to HR professionals. INSET: A well-calculated investment.
- 10 ways to protect intranet data. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p78
Focuses on how human resource managers (HR) can play its part in protecting data that is available through the intranet. Importance of using a pin or password-based system; Use of digital signatures to authenticate a person's identity; Establishment of access controls and other physical...
- Use Technology to Make a Better Workplace. // Practical Accountant;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the use of Web sites and intranets as tools to create a better workplace, according to authors Roger Herman and Joyce Gioia. Use of Web sites for sharing information with employees, families, customers and suppliers; Information that should be made available on intranet sites.
- Network solutions. Arkin, Anat // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p43
Discusses the use of computer software and intranets in British personnel management. Marine Safety Agency's mainframe-based staff on-line information system (SOLIS); EMI International's system from Peterborough Software; Advantages of intranets for large and small organizations.
- Intranet boom needs careful management. Welch, Jilly // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p10
Reports that personnel professionals have a role to play in ensuring that internal company networks provide more than idle gossip. Information technology giants working on joint projects to make off-the-peg intranet packages; Prediction regarding the spending on internal communications...
- Intranet keeps staff updated on news, policies. // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p46
The article examines the effectiveness of an intranet to promote communications among employees at Brighton Surgery Center in Brighton, New York.