Spanish Is the Foreign Language of Choice
- College's Crash Spanish Course Helps Companies Communicate. // Community College Week;2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p19
Provides information on 'Survival Spanish' classes offered at community colleges in Colorado, as of February 2003. Details on the Spanish program offered at Aims Community College; Effect on the communications development in Spanish speaking work environments; Reflections of students concerning...
- Spanish for Beginners. Sargent, Mark // Technology & Learning;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
Introduces an audio, video and web resource for learning Spanish language. Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1 4.0; Learn Spanish Now! Version 9 Deluxe; Learn to Speak Spanish 8.1.
- Spanish Disquisition. Schillinger, Liesl // Washington Monthly;Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on the Spanish language in the U.S. Reasons for the image problem that concerns the learning of the language; Comparison with other languages; Description of how the author was converted into liking Spanish.
- Spanish Word Fun. // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;Apr/May2002, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p21
Lists several Spanish words.
- Lift Every Voice. Zulu, Itibari M. // Journal of Pan African Studies;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by John M. Lipski who introduces the African contribution to the Spanish and Portuguese languages through Afro-Paraguayan language and another one by Kwaku Person-Lynn who argues the popular belief and the...
- JACK AND JILL'S DELI. Helton, David // Jack & Jill;Sep2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p20
Presents the English translations of some Spanish words.
- The second language of business. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p21
Presents the result of a survey conducted by Accountemps which suggests the importance of Spanish as the second language for business. Advantage of speaking and understanding Spanish in the business world according to Max Messmer; Result of a similar study conducted in 1989; Reason for the...
- El espaï¿½ol de Amï¿½rica Central ayer, hoy y maï¿½ana. Pacheco, Miguel �ngel Quesada // Boletï¿½n de Filologï¿½a;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p145
The Spanish spoken in the Central American countries (Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama) has been very scarcely studied, and viewed in a very fragmented way. Since the beginning of the Independency times (1821), the philological interest has been focused...
- Which Foreign Languages Should Students Learn? Met, Myriam // Educational Leadership;Sep89, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the need to study a foreign language by students in the United States. Economic incentives of learning a foreign language; Percentage of secondary schools offering Spanish language courses; Importance of foreign language in achieving economic cooperation; Factors that contribute to...