WHAT YOU THOUGHT
- Phased retirement one way to plug the workforce drain. Kujawa, Patty // Business Insurance;6/25/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p23
The article considers phased retirement programs a strategy to retain valuable older workers. The arrangements may enable employers to retain highly skilled employees who might otherwise retire, and allow employees to ease into full retirement. Stanley Consultants offers a 401(k) plan in which...
- Graying of America calls for new benefits strategies. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;8/19/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p3
Reports the benefit strategies for making for attracting the aging population to work in the U.S. Enhancement of the benefits for the older workers; Changes on the retirement plan strategy; Determination on the passion of every employee.
- Employer policy and the future of employee benefits for an older population. Rappaport, Anna M. // Generations;Fall95, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p63
Discusses employer policy and employee benefits plans for an older population. Goals of traditional benefit design; Age and benefit design; Public policy and employer-sponsored retirement benefits; Business environment and the new social contract; Traditional retirement plan choices; Plan...
- Employee benefits for older workers. Kramer, Natalie // Monthly Labor Review;Apr95, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p21
Explores various aspects of employee benefits for older workers. The mixed messages sent by public and private benefits plans to older workers; Employee Benefits Survey; Employee benefits for older workers; Benefits for part-time employees; Continued work and retirement income. INSETS: Sources...
- BOOMER BENEFITS. Tiku, Nitasha // Inc.;Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p44
The article cites the need for U.S. companies to provide benefits to older employees in order to retain them. It cites that the retirement of baby boomers will create a talent shortage, particularly in industries such as health care, education, engineering and financial services. Aside from...
- Employers are adding benefits to meet boomers' retirement needs. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 121, p29
Reports on the results of a survey of human resources professionals in the United States, co-sponsored by Assurex International and the Educational Publishing Center, which found out that US employers are enhancing retirement plans as part of an effort to create a competitive employee benefits...
- A checklist for retirement plan sponsors. Sommese, Donald E. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p20
The author discusses the needs for employers to periodically review the provisions and features of a retirement savings plan to ensure that it will continue to operate effectively.
- Plan for buyouts, or buy the farm. Kaplan, D. Lawrence // Crain's New York Business;03/23/98, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p20
Looks at why personal services firms in the United States should establish a retirement buyout fund. What is a retirement buyout fund; Success of the buyout fund implemented at the law firm Weil Gotshal & Manges; What could happen to businesses that do not have such as fund.
- Capitol gains. Brennan, William G. // Financial World;01/21/97, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p84
Reports that the US Congress has made several improvements in retirement plans which will take effect in 1997. Increase in the maximum amount of allowable contribution to Individual Retirement Accounts; Penalty tax on excess retirement plan distributions; Capital gains tax.