Off The Cuff
- SHAFR'S Birth: A Reflection. Deconde, Alexander // Diplomatic History;Jun2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p365
The article discusses the author's experience and involvement in the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR). He worked with Joseph P. O'Grady of La Salle College in Philadelphia to establish SHAFR. Following various commentaries regarding its creation, they were surprised...
- Catholic Schools Recruit Irish Teachers. Goldberg, Kirsten // Education Week;5/6/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p9
The article reports on the recruitment of Brother Joseph M. Shields of public school teachers in Ireland. Shields, inspired by an article published on "Time" magazine on the recruitment of public schools from West Germany, brought 125 foreign teachers to the archdiocesan schools for the past...
- SHAFR's Formative Years: 1967-1982. Hess, Gary R. // Passport: The Newsletter of the SHAFR;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p6
An essay is presented on the history of the establishment and growth of the organization the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR). It discusses the role of then-LaSalle College professor Joseph O'Grady and then-University of California at Santa Barbara scholar Alexander...
- Why time is running out for HR, unless... Kuijpers, Rob // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p19
Opinion. Criticizes the main functions of the human resources (HR). Effect of HR's inability to provide practical strategic input; Author's idea of an HR executive for his company, DHL Worldwide Express.
- One foot in the past. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the results of the research conducted by the Institute for Employment Studies concerning the trends that have emerged within the human resource function in Great Britain.
- EC 1992: Human resources in a unified market implications for U.S.-Canada competitiveness. Ludolph, Charles M. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p83
Focuses on the human resources policy in the European Community (EC). Background on the EC's unified market; Competitiveness-related issues.
- Discussion after the speech of Charles M. Ludolph. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p87
Focuses on the discussion following the speech by US Department of Commerce's Office of European Community Affairs Director Charles M. Ludolph, given at the Canada-United States Law Institute's 1990 conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus on human resources policy in the European Community.
- The human face of human resources. Howard Jr., S. Hunter // South Carolina Business Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Comments on the quality of the human resources in South Carolina. Competitive advantage provided by human resources to business; Role of the human resources professional in linking employees to the product.
- Competing pressures for human resource investment. Harrell-Cook, Gloria; Ferris, Gerald R. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p317
Analyzes the differences in the valuation of human resource investments. Concerns of the agency theory; Determinants of corporate structure; Explanation of the institutional theory and resource dependence theory; Effects of lack of investments in human resources; Differences in the amount of...