TECHNICAL TRAINING: A SYSTEMATIC APPROACH
- Just Send Me the Book. // Mortgage Banking;Feb2002, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p100
Discusses the importance of adequate training for employees and companies. Categories of learning tools; Comparison of training books and system-application training; Scenario that depicts training issues.
- Analyse This. Tracey, Ryan // Training & Development in Australia;Jun2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p035
The article offers information on the analysis process that was discussed in the Instructional System Design Manual prepared by Big Dog & Little Dog. It stresses the importance of focusing on performance to a needs analysis in the workplace. It presents a comparison between reactive and...
- ASFA calls for training register overhaul. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p13
The article focuses on the mandate of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for the refinement of competencies of their financial training as recognized by different Registered Training Organisation (RTOs). ASFA...
- Assessing Learning in a Post-LMS World. POULIN, MAL; BEJGROWICZ, PAUL // Chief Learning Officer;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p30
This article reports on the role of learning management systems (LMS) in 2011 and how they are used and adapted for employee training and education. The article discusses the changing nature of learning related to mobile and social exchanges of information, describing how LMS need to support...
- What Does it Take to Be a Global Leader in Training? Yavuz, Ed // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2005 Supplement, p42
The article focuses on Wyeth's vice president of sales training and management development, Ed Yavuz. Yavuz heads a team of professionals, ranging from an instructional design team to classroom trainers and virtual classroom trainers. The cross-functional unit serves as a shared resource for...
- Gunning the Sales Accelerator. Lager, Marshall // CRM Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
The article discusses Bombardier Recreational Products' Sales Progress Management System, a self-learning system for salespeople that puts each individual in charge of his or her own training and provides feedback for management. Sales Progress has specific techniques that drive performance and...
- A Different Sort Of Training. Zelinski, Peter C. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2009, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p18
In this article the author discusses the significance of training in business. He explained that training is essential for the success of a business and a nation. Also examined is the significance of effective instructional system such as in-house training to help parents teach their children...
- Job Instruction: Four Steps To Success. Gold, Leon // Training & Development Journal;Sep81, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p28
Provides tips on attaining success in job instruction programs. Key steps to training efficiently and effectively; Factors that should be considered by supervisors in structuring training programs.
- Beat the High Cost of Training Through LCI. Feeney, Edward J. // Training & Development Journal;Sep81, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p41
Details the elements of the learner-controlled instruction (LCI). Characteristics of LCI; Applications of the system; Steps in the development of an LCI program.