Rahmet Yollari Kesti Romaninin Tahlili ve Ince Memed 1'le KarÅŸilaÅŸtirilmasi
- YaÅŸar Kemal, Son of Homer. Tharaud, Barry // Texas Studies in Literature & Language;Winter2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p563
An essay is presented which explores Turkish novelist YaÅŸar Kemal's memoirs and interviews wherein he expressed his kinship with Greek author Homer. In his memoirs, Kemal refers to Homer on four different occasions and on seven additional occasions. It provides some traditional foundations to...
- AÄžRIDAÄžI EFSANESÄ°'NDEN SÃ–ZLÃœ EDEBÄ°YATA "METÄ°NLERARASI" BÄ°R YOLCULUK. Kurtuluş, Meriç // Milli Folklor;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 83, p62
Recently, non-literary works such as works of visual culture have become objects of intertextual studies, while oral literature texts are still left out of this field of study; for critics such as Kristeva, Barthes and Genette regard intertextual relationships peculiar to written literature...
- Kemal, Yashar. Halman, Talat S. // Columbia Dictionary of Modern European Literature;1980, p429
A profile of Turkish novelist Yashar Kemal is presented. Information on his birth, birthplace, educational background, and family background is offered. Description of his writing style is discussed. Some of his works include "Orta Direk," and "Ã–lmez Otu."
- THE LIFE OF A MAN IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE SURVIVAL OF A COUNTRY. Kutschera, Chris // Middle East;Mar2002, Issue 321, p42
Profiles Yachar Kemal, a writer and political activist in Turkey. Family background; Political involvements; Career history.
- Literature, democracy, and peace. Kemal, Yashar // World Literature Today;Winter98, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p15
Presents the speech of Kurdish writer Yashar Kemal of Turkey accepting the 1997 Peace Prize of the German Book Trade. Features of the award; Personal background of Kemal; Career history; Description of written literature; Views on the sufferings of the Kurds.
- Bosphorus University Decorates Yasar Kemal With Honorary Doctorate Degree. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/29/2009, p31
The article announces that author Yasar Kemal has been awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Bosphorus University in Turkey.
- Ä°NCE MEMED I ROMANININ ÃœÃ‡GEN ARZU MODELÄ°NE GÃ–RE Ä°NCELENMESÄ°. Uçak, Salih // Ekev Academic Review;Fall2009, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p155
Novel is an artificial art of modern time. Novel is, creating a new world. This world gains importance according to imagination of the novelist. The success of novelist's theoritichal work depends on teller's inteligence. Rene Girard's triangular desire model, in fact, is built on the novel's...
- The Undying Grass (Book Review). Soete, George // Library Journal;5/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p1081
Reviews the book 'The Undying Grass,' by Yasar Kemal, translated from Turkisk by Thilda Kemal.
- The Lords of Akchasaz (Book Review). Burgess, Edwin B. // Library Journal;4/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p878
Reviews the book 'The Lords of Akchasaz,' by Yasar Kemal.