HERE'S THE (POWER) POINT: BASIC TRAINING
- Hospital operator's radar reads 'food safety' more than ever. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p54
The article focuses on the efforts of Larry Bauman, director of nutritional services at Citizens Memorial Healthcare in Bolivar, Missouri, to promote food safety at the hospital. He mentions that he reminds his employees to use a sanitizing solution in vegetables due to problems with spinach,...
- Good training is an ongoing routine. Wood, Kathleen // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p62
Provides guidelines on training of employees in the restaurant industry in the United States. Strategies on developing a training environment; Significance of developing training systems; Importance of creating a training culture; Impact of evaluating training attitudes; Usability of...
- Catering is key to revenue turnaround. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p120
Presents how catering can be regarded as a way of increasing revenue for Larry Bauman, director of nutritional services for Citizen Memorial Hospital. Expanding foodservices to the community; Improvement in the quality of food; Target consumers of Bauman. INSET: Typical menus..
- PEOPLE AS RESOURCES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the Total Quality Management approach to personnel training of HDS Services, a food service business based in Framington Hills, Minnesota. Clients of HDS; Alliance of HDS with HHA Services; Approaches in educating salaried workers.
- Industry vets, educators say training an answer to poor-service problem. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p6
Focuses on the recommendation of industry veterans and educators on operators to direct more resources toward the area of training to address poor-service problem in hospitality industry in the U.S. Statement of Ed Korry, chairman of Johnson & Wales University's Beverage and Dining Service...
- Technology trends ease training burden. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p112
Focuses on technology trends that affects employee training in the food service industry. Impact of the proliferation of Microsoft Windows-based applications; Need to explore strategies behind and the best uses of technology in food service; Technology in the delivery of training materials for...
- Tailored to Fit. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p68
The article reports on the adoption of an online training program through FoodHandler by Penn State University and its Commonwealth Campuses. With the program, students are given an authorization code to log into a Web site. To use the program, program development manager Jennifer Garvin buys a...
- Body movement classes keep servers on their toes. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p20
Reports that Patrick O'Connell, chef and co-owner of Little Washington, Virginia-based The Inn, invited members of the Washington Ballet to present a seminar to the inn's service staff on body movement. Discussions held by O'Connell with the ballet's artistic director, Septime Weber, on the...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Food Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p53
Presents a calendar of events related to training of food industry and foodservice employees in Great Britain from January to March 2004. Practical biscuit technology; Fermented products course; Improvement of presentation techniques; Aerated desserts.