SPUDS SUPREME: BEYOND POTATO BARS
- You say potato. Lang // Restaurant Business;12/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p44
Focuses on the potato as a reliable element of food service. Value of potatoes in a dish; Versatile role in menu strategies; Potatoes in supporting role or as center of plate; Experimentation with different varieties of potatoes; Potato recipes.
- Wowing Restaurant Patrons with Flavor. Fox, Diane // Prepared Foods;Aug2003, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on menus of several food chains in the U.S. to analyze trends in flavors used in food. Emergence of spinach as one of the most popular flavors among consumers; Opportunity provided to chain operators to showcase their menu flavors by enhancing and describing how the center of a plate is...
- IDAHOAN PREMIUM POTATOES. // Restaurant Business;May2003, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p86
Real Casserole potatoes come in Au Gratin, Scalloped, and Cheesy varieties. Just add water to Idahoan Premium Homestyle Mashed.
- Creative Use Of Potatoes. // American Vegetable Grower;Oct2008, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p7
The article offers information on an initiative by the Public Relations Team of the United States Potato Board in 2008 to introduce alternative ways of preparing potatoes. Three food service seminars entitled "Menu Innovations With Potatoes" have been held by the organization and another one...
- Spud surprise. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p60
Presents recipes for potatoes from food service managers and chefs in the United States. Includes luau sweet potato casserole; Country mashed potato casserole.
- Is there one new dish that haunts your dreams? Raisfeld, Robin; Patronite, Rob // New York;9/27/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p91
Highlights the rosemary roasted potatoes at Vento restaurant in New York City. Ingredients of the dish; Reasons behind the popularity of the food; Price of the roasted potatoes; Process used by the restaurant chefs in preparing the dish.
- Buried treasure. Lucas, Adelaide // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jun2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p39
The article discusses how the use of potatoes in cookery has changed. According to the author, potatoes proved itself to be versatile, which can work well as both a food accompaniment and as a vehicle for flavor. For this reason, it was able to move along in to mainstream cuisine. The uses of...
- `New look' potatoes. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p110
Focuses on variations made to potato dishes served at the food service accounts of Brock & Co. Popularity of the contractor's specialty potato salad recipes among customers; Healthful improvements made to French fries; Addition of carrots to potato dishes; Flavor additions to sweet potatoes;...
- UNITED STATES POTATO BOARD RECIPE CONTEST. // Restaurant Business;3/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p69
The article presents information on an invitation by the United States Potato Board to chefs to enter the Potato Innovation Recipe Contest and get creative with potatoes in three categories: Healthy, Ethnic, and New Classics.