Latino focus flourishes
- Latin American. // Louisville Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p101
The article presents information on Latin American restaurants located in Louisville, Kentucky. The Caribbean-themed chain restaurant Bhama Breeze offers pasta, seafood and delicious Bahamarita. The Havana Rumba restaurant specializes in beef ropa vieja, masas de puerco and polio asado. The...
- Flavors without the heat. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p54
Deals with the growing popularity of Latin American dishes in the U.S. hospital food service market. Favorite Latin American dish at Saint Paul & Zale Lipsy University Hospital; Scope of the menu offering at Hialeah Hospital; Latin American menu featured in the Caribbean Festival at Kinneret...
- DEVELOPED FOR B&I, HIGHER ED.: Latin food makes a splash in display cooking stations. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Deals with the Mundo Latino food program of Bon Appetit Management Co. for the corporate and higher education segment in the United States. Reason for setting up the program; Popular dishes offered; Standard items offered by the program.
- The 'Other' West Coast. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
In this article, the author explores the growing popularity of Latin American cuisine in the U.S. The author highlights the introduction of Latin American menus by restaurants across the country. She mentions the ingredients of foods served by the restaurants. The author observes that...
- La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio, Dallas. Rugless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;8/30/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p36
Features the La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio in Dallas, Texas. Availability of Latin American cuisines; Description of interior decoration; Range and rates of menu.
- 2003 50 Best Hispanic Restaurants. Diaz, Katharine A. // Hispanic;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Presents the 2003 50 Best Hispanic restaurants in the U.S. Sylvia's La Canasta Mexican Restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona; Mamita in Glendale, California; Cuba Cuba in Denver, Colorado.
- READY TO RUMBLE. LaVecchia, Gina // Restaurant Hospitality;May2002, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the popularity of Latin dishes in the U.S. Reasons behind the increasing demand for Latin dishes; Information on restaurants in the country that offer Latin dishes; Details on the introduction of authentic regional cuisine in the country in 1987 by restaurateur Rick Bayless.
- A Major Steak. // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p152
The article focuses on Texas de Brazil, a chain of Brazilian steakhouses in the U.S. The churrascaria concept of Texas de Brazil was brought to the U.S. to offer authentic Brazilian dining experience. Now, the chain has several locations across the U.S. Its menu offers grilled meats prepared in...
- THE MEXICAN WAY. Earls, Elly // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/22/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4733, p26
The article reports on the growing market for Mexican dinning in Great Britain. According to Jan Rasmussen, co-founder of Mission Burrito, Mexican offering is safe and exotic that appeals to cosmopolitan consumer. It is noted that compared with its casual-dining competitors, Mexican cuisine is...