Driving taste bud changes
- Institutional Food Distribution Systems: Bringing Students, Farmers, and Food Service to the Table. Hardesty, Shermain; Allen, Patricia; Feenstra, Gail; Ohmart, Jeri; Perkins, Tracy; Perez, Jan // Journal of Food Distribution Research;Mar2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p58
The article examines the demand for environmentally sustainable food from small and medium-sized farms among universities and colleges in California and across the U.S. About 28% of food service managers of California universities and colleges say they already have programs that buy locally...
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Focus on the Food. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p80
The article presents information about the marketplace at the Kimmel Canter, New York University (NYU), New York City. It is located at the third floor of NYU's brand new 10-story Helen & Martin Kimmel Center for University Life, located on historic Washington Square near LaGuardia Place in...
- Florida college aims at late-night dining business. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
Features the modified dining system of Crossroads Cafe at the University of South Florida in Tampa, to cater to late-night dining of residential students. Information on exhibition-style of cooking; Main complaint of students regarding on-campus foods; Results of the remodeling process.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- COUNTER SERVICE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p8
The article presents results of a survey which states that majority college students uses on-campus food service facilities in 2012.
- THE BIG IDEA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents ideas for a successful food business operation in schools in the U.S. A mobile application was developed by Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wherein students can make their food decisions. It mentions the opening of the Roots vegetarian restaurant of the...
- What a College Kid Wants. // Fare Magazine;Oct/Nov2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p10
The article reveals that a report from Technomic found that 44 percent of college students in the U.S. say that their school's dining program was somewhat important in deciding where to enroll while only 32 percent believe that their school is doing a good job of ensuring that students are...