POTENTIAL RISKS & BENEFITS: FOOD ADDITIVES
- Ingredients rise and fall. // Food Manufacture;May2012, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p23
Information on several food laws and rules, including European legislation on aluminium levels in food, the British Retail Consortium Global Standard for Food Safety version 6, and regulation that covers the specifications for all food additives, is presented.
- BIOACTIVES: Formulation Challenges in Foods. Crowe, Tammy // Prepared Foods;Jun2011, Vol. 180 Issue 6, pNS3
The article discusses the issues and factors to consider when using bioactive ingredients in developing food products particularly in the U.S. The levels of nutrients in products, consumer's perception and cost-in-use are some of the key issues to consider. One key regulatory issue is the...
- E-numbers. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p116
An encyclopedia entry for "E-numbers" is presented. It applies to the incorporation of a range of additives, such as antioxidants, colours and emulsifiers, in food. A food additive identified by an E-number implies that it has been tested for food safety and is approved for use throughout the...
- New Food Safety Law Approved in China. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;3/9/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that a new food safety law has been approved in China. The law, which will come to take effect starting June 1, 2009, will boost monitoring and supervision, toughen safety standards, authorize the recall of substandard products and punish offenders. The country will establish...
- 'Added sugars' add to confusion. Tharp, Bruce; Young, Steven // Dairy Foods;Sep2015, Vol. 119 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has launched a supplemental rule that updates pending revision of Nutrition Facts Labels adding a daily value for intake of added sugars. Information about the systems and issues to consider such as purified and combined...
- 6. Recommendations. // WHO Technical Report Series;2011, Issue 966, p97
The article presents the recommendations for food additives containing aluminium included in the General Standard for Food Additives (GSFA).
- Measures for the Administration of Genetically Modified Food Hygiene. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p70
The article focuses on the Chinese health decree on the management of genetically modified food hygiene. It cites various examples of genetically modified foods including transgenic animals, microbial products and food additives. It says that manufacturers and producers of the said foods should...
- Editorial. Meisterernst, Andreas // European Food & Feed Law Review;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p237
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the revision of the Novel Food Regulation by Patrick Coppens, impact of horsemeat crisis on French law by Gilles Boin, and changes in Japanese food safety governance by Makiko Matsuo.
- Food Safety And Labor Issues. Gordon, Rosemary // American Vegetable Grower;Apr2008, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the H-2A program and results of a poll about food safety regulations.