HOW HOSPITAL FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING
- Survey Tracks Hospital Software Use. // Food Management;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p11
Reports the highlights of the Cini-Little foodservice consulting organization survey on food and nutrition departments in hospitals. Utilization of software to deliver services; Integration of the direct purchasing system; Absence of interfacing in food preparation.
- IN LOWERING CONTRACTING COSTS: STUDY SHOWS GPO VALUE. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Deals with an analysis of a group purchasing study which revealed the value of food and nutrition contracts utilized by hospital networks. Advantages of group purchasing organizations (GPO); Other key findings of the study; Highlights of the analysis.
- Rush To Better Health. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the implementation of a healthful station concept at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. The station captures about two to three percent of lunch sales, which has been observed as continually increasing. Mary Gregoire, director of food and nutrition...
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;5/31/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p61
The article calls on the British government to adopt mandatory standards on buying hospital food to help improve nutritional values and buy food more sustainably.
- Non-Patient Service Drives Hospitals. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
This section offers news briefs about trends in the foodservice industry. Results of a hospital census are discussed, including average patient days in 2010, total amount of food purchased and revenue that comes from non-patient meals. A chart is presented that shows the performance of hospital...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.