AS ECONOMIC, DEMOGRAPHIC & HEALTH ISSUES ADVANCE: Menu development takes center stage
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Fickenscher, Lisa; Flamm, Matthew; Marshall, Samantha; Strauss, Alix // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the Time Warner Center restaurant located in New York City will begin serving midday diners after a brief break. General Manager Richard Hollocou said that they are not getting enough parties of 25 people or more. The new lunch offering, a fix price menu for $38 per...
- THE 2ND HALF: Menu mgmt. will grow as operating tool. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p44
Offers an outlook on the state of food service and menu satisfaction in the U.S. in the second half of 2002. Areas of concern facing the food service operations in next six months of 2002; Menu management issues faced by operators; Several school districts that will be adopting branded food...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p53
Reports developments in food service in the U.S. as of June 2002. Detection of umami, the meaty taste associated with monosodium glutamate; Addition to the Hawaiian menu of McDonald's; Schedule of a weekend conference focusing on sustainable food production.
- Corp. chefs stir obesity debate, say customers want high-fat food. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the impact of the growing number of obesity-based lawsuits on the food service industry in the U.S. Prevalence of restaurants shifting to low-calorie menu offerings; Response of some chefs to the health liability imposed upon them; Evidence to the increasing diet-conscious eaters.
- DINING IN. // Ski;Feb2009, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p40
The article offers information on the menu of Peak Provisions in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which provides cooked food on order.
- John Zaccheo: eyes on the repeat customer. Olsen, Jaclyn // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/26/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the restaurant business of engineer John Zaccheo in Salt Lake City, Utah. Menus offered; Food service; Success of the business of Zaccheo.
- Contemporary American eatery to open on 3300 South. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/23/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the opening of the cuisine restaurant Citris Grille in Salt Lake City, Utah on February 27, 2004. Effort taken by owner Steve Boos and his fiancee, Amanda Blank for the menu and service development; Menus to be offered by the restaurant; Schedule of offering brunch for customers.
- Earl Abel's. Swartz, Mimi // Texas Monthly;Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p164
The article comments on the Earl Abel's restaurant in San Antonio, Texas. It describes the menu of the restaurant. It compares the Earl Abel's from other restaurants. It relates the author's experience eating at the restaurant.
- 2XS. Wood, Joanna // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/23/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4296, p35
Provides information on the menu at 2XS restaurant in Wiltshire, England. Background on the restaurant; Kinds of food being served at the restaurant; Prices.
- LOW-BALL LUXURY. ROWE, MEGAN // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2012, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information on ways to pamper guests at restaurants without breaking their budget in U.S. It mentions that At Nick's Cove in Marshall, Michigan offers guests a rich flavor of marrow and the simply prepared dish in 13 dollars. It informs that Prix fixe meows provide a small...